00-06 to 07 NBS Brake Upgrade Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I am looking to do the 07 brake upgrade on my 03 Yukon, but for a different reason than most. Earlier in the year I purchased a set of 22x12 American Force wheels that were made for a newer Silverado, and they rubbed on the inside of the brake caliper bracket. From the research that I've done so far, it looks as if the caliper will clear due to the lug pad being bigger/bracket being flush with the rotor. Can anyone second this? I'd just hate to spend all the money on doing it just for it to not clear. I've been going crazy trying to find a solution, trying all sorts of spacers etc, and it'd be nice to have the extra stopping power with the bigger setup.

Also, I haven't been able to find a definite answer on what the difference between the normal caliper and rotors are vs the PPV ones, anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance.

I also added a few pictures of where exactly the rubbing issue is (I have since fixed that ABS wire issue lol). 213.PNG IMG_4337.jpg

Scottydoggs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
id grind the caliper bracket down a few MM. in sure you can see what part is touching.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to a parts store and ask to see the rotors from your year and the NNBS that will show you the differences for sure. I did the same on my Silverado, not a huge upgrade compared to how good hydroboost was but every bit helps.

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
montanaboy65