Another parking brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cstiles90

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have replaced both rotors on the rear, the actuators ,the shoes,all of the parking brake cables.i did notice that one of the replacement cables for the rear is about a inch+ longer than the other one where it connects to the intermediate cable with the bracket.the parking brake pedal was still going to the floor.so I tried re installing The factory intermediate cable with the adjustable thread/nut .I had to end up installing about a 1" of washers to take some slack out.it is not going all the way to the floor now but close.it still won't hold the vehicle still on a boat ramp.im not for sure what else todo .the only thing I could find on a online search is that i read somewhere that someone had a similar problem with aftermarket brake shoes.they ended up having to go with acdelco shoes to solve it

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What comes to mind is trying to rig it with the wrong cable and then reusing the old cable and adding washers. Get the right cable and do it correctly. Also, sounds like the park brake shoes are not adjusted correctly. Explain your adjustment procedure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar