Brembo Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24KaratHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Dealer installed Brembo brake package on 2022 Z71 Tahoe and says they are unable to reset the front pad life but can reset the rear
Anyone know anything about this?
I find it hard to believe this feature can be ordered on the build but won’t display front pad life

Macrez21

Reaction score
It is true. The front pistons are much bigger there is no room for pad sensor reader. The rears retain it because all they do is change the color. (Different caliper but same size). I kept my original brakes after the dealer installed the them from factory and the module behind them is quite large.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious when you get this big brake kit is the front pad sensor turned off by dealer ? Or just shows 100% the whole time ?

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious when you get this big brake kit is the front pad sensor turned off by dealer ? Or just shows 100% the whole time ?
When I upgraded my brakes with a different 8-pot Brembo kit, it came with modified sensors that tracked the wear on the pads. The Brembo sensor heads are at a right angle, so the stock ones wouldn't fit in the little space they needed to fit into, so my installer had to splice the stock cables to fit the new sensor. Otherwise, they still work just like the factory sensors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts