‘97 5.7 L - rough start - perfect idle and performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kilotwo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just got a “new” ‘97 with 78k miles on it. Sometimes it takes a second or two to turn over, once it does it runs fine. If I put the pedal down it accelerates no struggles.

I replaced the plugs and that helped, spark plug wires looked good. What else do I need to check?

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
What do you mean by turn over? Turn over to me means cranking/spinning the engine with the starter before it fires off. If you mean, "turns over " meaning starting and firing off, that is a whole other scenario. Are you saying it cranks a long time before fires off? Or are you saying it does not turn over/spin like it should?

What is the fuel pressure with KOEO? Waht is pressure at cold idle? Hot idle? Does the pressure hold after shutting the engine down or does it bleed off?

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also to add to above comment does it seem like its turning over real slow while its trying to start. a weak starter can cause a slow rotation extending the start time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n