XLDenali06's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New front emblem went on. Looks a lot better than the solid black one. Pardon the crappy pic.
2017-04-26 16.14.35.jpg

My video interface for the stock nav screen came in today. Cameras came in yesterday. I'd love to tear into everything today, but it'll likely be this weekend when the hubby is around to help with the kids. Not looking forward to opening up the navigation unit and swapping the ribbon, but it looks like it should be straightforward enough. The rest is basically just taking off trim to route wires and hook everything up. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading through yesterday's comments about the cluster gauges and faces and chrome rings, etc... has left me less sure than I was before. Lol. Will the 05/06 Esky chrome rings lay over my 06 Nali gauges/face and line up correctly or no? I think I saw it posted by @OHSIXX originally. Maybe he can chime in.

@Red Rocket do you know for sure if what I'm wanting to do will work?

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately OHSIXX sold his beautiful Denali and has been inactive since May 2016.

Here is his build thread with some info that may be worth perusing.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/ohsixxs-2006-denali-build.76350/page-13#post-992030

Thanks for that info. I've glanced at his build thread, but I'll look at it more in depth.

Despite swearing I wouldn't start on my backup camera project until this weekend, I spent nearly 4 hours installing the Nav-Tool interface into my stock navigation screen, and running wires from the backup camera up the passenger side of the car. It probably took twice as long as it should have, but I had my 2 year-old trying to run over my feet with his scooter and my 4 year-old "helping" me. Plus I was probably being way more **** about everything than I really needed to, especially the bit of wiring going from the camera to the inside of the car. Still quite a bit to do, but at least the majority of the wire running is done and my interior is mostly put back together :)

Last edited:

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Loving the progress! Always good to be over **** about wires! Better to be over cautious and have it done right the first time, rather than not do it right and wires short out! Haha. Wanna see pics when it's done to see a back up cam on the stock Navi unit. Never seen that before. I have a backup cam on my 2006 nali, but it's part of my aftermarket clarion headunit.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Thanks for that info. I've glanced at his build thread, but I'll look at it more in depth.

Despite swearing I wouldn't start on my backup camera project until this weekend, I spent nearly 4 hours installing the Nav-Tool interface into my stock navigation screen, and running wires from the backup camera up the passenger side of the car. It probably took twice as long as it should have, but I had my 2 year-old trying to run over my feet with his scooter and my 4 year-old "helping" me. Puts I was probably being way more **** about everything than I really needed to, especially the bit of wiring going from the car to the inside of the car. Still quite a bit to do, but at least the majority of the wire running is done and my interior is mostly put back together :)
Just routed my reverse can wires the other day, was quite the job as I'm also super ocd **** lol. But it's all ran. Just need to mount the cam on the bumper after I get the bumper painted first

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660