XLDenali06's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Yes on the links. I still need to get some. And I just disconnected the swaybar and lifted one side of the axle as high as possible to get it in, with a 2" spacer

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm adding rear links to my list. To save me possibly getting the wrong ones, any chance you have a link on the correct ones I need?

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last few days I've mounted a big mag light at the bottom of my glove box, mounted my fire extinguisher in the back, and removed the Denali door badges (still got some stubborn adhesive to remove and polishing to do). Got my oil catch can in the mail today, but it didn't have any of the connectors and whatnot, looks like they sent out a customer return and tried to pass it off as new (Amazon purchase) so I'm sending it back and getting another. I should have my Airaid m.i.t. tomorrow though, so I'm looking forward to that. Maybe I'll get the replacement catch can in time to put it on this weekend.

View attachment 179961 View attachment 179963 View attachment 179964 View attachment 179965 View attachment 179962
Pics don't do that vehicle justice. Your ride is clean!

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Looks like I'm adding rear links to my list. To save me possibly getting the wrong ones, any chance you have a link on the correct ones I need?

IIRC 3" lift Cherokee XJ rear links are supposed to work. I haven't had a chance to test that theory out yet, though.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, work on Black Beauty has been on hold for awhile, while we work on things around the house, spend a small fortune on Christmas presents, kids' sports, and the various expenses that come with graduating a high school senior, as well as this:

While in Knoxville last night for our oldest's basketball game, we ran over to a woman's house to buy a canoe. So excited about that! What I'm not excited about, however, is that the wind sheer coming off the front of the thing blew the luggage rack front end caps right off!!! And as you guys know, for such a simple little part, those stupid things aren't cheap! Already bought some off ebay today, but I'm still pissed. So, word to the wise, if you have the Cadillac luggage rack, be careful about transporting a canoe/kayak. I'm sure driving 90+ mph didn't help, but I'm pretty sure they flew off around 40-50mph. There was a distinct difference in wind noise up top at around that speed. Basically, the wind noise stopped. Now I know why!!!

20180203_105620.jpg 20180203_105630.jpg 20180203_105642.jpg

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Usually what happens is this little plastic clip on the inside gets brittle and breaks. And then the highway speed will blow it right off. Heard of it but haven’t had t happen to me yet. And yeah those little suckers cost a pretty penny.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
90 with a canoe up top? :mfr_omg:

Yeah, it was on there damn good though. That sucker wasn't going anywhere. And I was beyond ready to get home. 1.5 hours up to where my oldest was playing basketball to drop him off, 30 minutes to the woman's house to get the canoe, what seemed like forever to get the canoe secured in the dark and freezing temps, 30 minutes back to the basketball game, 1.5 hours for the game, eating as a group at Cracker Barrel took probably an hour, then another 1.5 hours back home. All this would have been fine, but I had a 1.5 year-old, 3 year-old, 5 year-old, and 10 year-old the whole time. Plus I'm 4.5 months pregnant. I. Was. Ready. To. Be. Home. I would have launched off a ramp and flown like Dumbo if I'd thought it would get us home sooner. Lol.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Im afraid of getting mine blown off too. Sold my extras to a member on here. I've seen people put set screws on the back side. Not noticable and seems to work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RanchoTexas