XLDenali06's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh, and video 2 is dedicated to the backup camera, and comes on when the car is put in reverse, as well as being able to cycle to it with the button. (That is, provided you power your rearview camera to something that is on when the car is on, rather than powering it to the backup lights.) Since I powered my backup camera via the backup lights, it is only on when I'm in reverse, so when I cycle over to it via the button, it says "no camera detected" since it's not got power. Just one more thing to eventually rewire, but since I don't tow anything, I don't gave much reason to check the backup camera unless I'm actually backing up. So, the way it is serves my purposes. Hope all that makes sense.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I understanding correctly that the leads for the "source" button are part of the navtool and just need to be hooked up to a momentary switch?

Correct. The navtool handles all the switching. You just need to provide 12 volts for a second to trigger it to switch displays. Here's a screenshot of the instructions they include with it that have to do with that part of the wiring.

Screenshot_2017-07-20-20-19-21-1.png

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting on the backup cam. Mine is powered to constant power, so I can hit the camera select even when I'm driving and use the camera. Which is great for the little jet ski trailer I tow to put in and out of the water for my aunt. I can keep the camera constantly on to make sure everything is legit while I'm rolling and I really like that. And then it also comes up in reverse. Which camera did you sue for the front? I'm thinking I want something similar as I was thinking to mount it exactly like you did. Except maybe on the low edge instead of top. But either way it works!

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting on the backup cam. Mine is powered to constant power, so I can hit the camera select even when I'm driving and use the camera. Which is great for the little jet ski trailer I tow to put in and out of the water for my aunt. I can keep the camera constantly on to make sure everything is legit while I'm rolling and I really like that. And then it also comes up in reverse. Which camera did you sue for the front? I'm thinking I want something similar as I was thinking to mount it exactly like you did. Except maybe on the low edge instead of top. But either way it works!

Yeah, as long as I change how the backup camera is powered, I'll be able to check it at any time as well as it coming on when in reverse. One of these days I'll change it, but it's on the backburner for now. Out of curiosity, what did you tap into to power your backup camera? I'd love to not have to run wires the length of the truck again.

The front facing camera I used is this one:

https://amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017GC4GTA

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, as long as I change how the backup camera is powered, I'll be able to check it at any time as well as it coming on when in reverse. One of these days I'll change it, but it's on the backburner for now. Out of curiosity, what did you tap into to power your backup camera? I'd love to not have to run wires the length of the truck again.

The front facing camera I used is this one:

https://amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B017GC4GTA
That's a great price for that cam haha. Might just have to pick that up now. Lol. I couldn't tell you what my rear cam is tapped into. I didn't install myself. Had my whole stereo and cam done at a professional audio shop. Because wires and I don't get along at all. Especially cuz this truck has a crap ton of wires involved with the stereo! Lol.sorry. .

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a great price for that cam haha. Might just have to pick that up now. Lol. I couldn't tell you what my rear cam is tapped into. I didn't install myself. Had my whole stereo and cam done at a professional audio shop. Because wires and I don't get along at all. Especially cuz this truck has a crap ton of wires involved with the stereo! Lol.sorry. .

I know what you mean. A big part of the reason I procrastinate installing things sometimes is because I'm afraid I'll screw something up. So far, so good though.

I got to compare the new LED headlight bulb to the stock halogen. It makes a WORLD of difference! Keep in mind, these pics are looking through 50% tint on the windshield. First is both lights, then just the LED, and last is just the halogen. I'm blown away by the difference.

20170723_233129.jpg 20170723_233159.jpg 20170723_233234.jpg 20170723_233312.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I know what you mean. A big part of the reason I procrastinate installing things sometimes is because I'm afraid I'll screw something up. So far, so good though.

I got to compare the new LED headlight bulb to the stock halogen. It makes a WORLD of difference! Keep in mind, these pics are looking through 50% tint on the windshield. First is both lights, then just the LED, and last is just the halogen. I'm blown away by the difference.

View attachment 179221 View attachment 179222 View attachment 179223 View attachment 179224
I love my led headlights. Huge difference!

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over the last few days I've mounted a big mag light at the bottom of my glove box, mounted my fire extinguisher in the back, and removed the Denali door badges (still got some stubborn adhesive to remove and polishing to do). Got my oil catch can in the mail today, but it didn't have any of the connectors and whatnot, looks like they sent out a customer return and tried to pass it off as new (Amazon purchase) so I'm sending it back and getting another. I should have my Airaid m.i.t. tomorrow though, so I'm looking forward to that. Maybe I'll get the replacement catch can in time to put it on this weekend.

20170728_152157.jpg 20170731_192603.jpg 20170731_192534.jpg 20170731_192518.jpg 20170731_192701.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14