Wrap All - Wrap Some - Wrap None

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now if I could darken/tint headlights and tail lights that would be great :chewie:

View attachment 78288 View attachment 78289
Hey what's up 16blktlz.... your hoe is looking badass bro! Quick question ... is yours a 4x4 and what set up did you use for your drop ? Belltech or Mcgaugys ? 2-3 drop or 2-4? Thanks in advance ....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey what's up 16blktlz.... your hoe is looking badass bro! Quick question ... is yours a 4x4 and what set up did you use for your drop ? Belltech or Mcgaugys ? 2-3 drop or 2-4? Thanks in advance ....

Thanks lynxnova!

It's a 2wd. I started with McGaughy's 2/3 kit, but I didn't like how high the rear was, so I replaced rear springs with belltech 4" lowering springs and removed upper spacer (replaced with 5/8 hose). I did not do the free travel mod because I have no problems with it now. I also replaced autoride sensor rods with shorter ones, and also replaced rear sway-bar with Hellwig 7740.

lynxnova

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks lynxnova!

It's a 2wd. I started with McGaughy's 2/3 kit, but I didn't like how high the rear was, so I replaced rear springs with belltech 4" lowering springs and removed upper spacer (replaced with 5/8 hose). I did not do the free travel mod because I have no problems with it now. I also replaced autoride sensor rods with shorter ones, and also replaced rear sway-bar with Hellwig 7740.
Thanks a lot bro.... I really like the way your truck sits, actually the whole truck is just sick !!!!! Nice job A+

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what about doing:

grille surround, leave slats chrome
top chrome on headlights
& top 3/4 of mirror

I thought this was what you suggested...then re-read your post again and realized my grill is opposite to your grill suggestion. I couldn't stand the CRAPPY wrap job that was done on my grill so I removed the surrounding area. The guy that did the job did NOT wrap it in one wrap. Just the top section alone had approx. 6-8 sections!!! The slats were okay so I left them alone.

IMG_4280.JPG

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ slats look good

& yeah, i wouldnt accept that many sections on grille either ;)

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've actually tried to wrap the grill with one piece myself and it was coming out pretty good until I accidentally ripped a small chunk in a highly visible area. I was rushing because I started this yesterday after I got home from work and it was getting dark. I'm going to try it again when I have MORE time.

I have another grill that I've already Plasti-dipped and glossified. I don't like the finish of it. I prefer the smooth, glossy finish of vinyl wraps...which is why I'm in no rush to swap out the grill.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
So I just found 2 places that do plasti dip and one quoted me $300 to do only my front grill and the part above my headlights and $50 more for gloss. This place is an hour away. Then the second place which is olmy a half hour away quoted me $40-45 and then said he would actually come to my house and do it. So I'm going with the guy that comes to my house. I'm thinking of doing gloss black since my Suburban is all blacked out. Do you think gloss or matte would look better. Also the plasti dip is pretty strong and won't get chopped by rocks much would it? Also I see it can be taken off if needed from what I've heard. Is it hard to take off? Thanks for any help and I think mine will look good all blacked out. No I need to figure out if I should take the vinyl wrap off on the sides and have him plasti dip that or should I leave it wrapped.
Thanks

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spraying plasti dip on your grill is not difficult at all...and I would rather do that than wrapping vinyl. To me, the only negative thing about plasti dip is the actual finish. It's not smooth and glossy like glossy black vinyl. I'll try to take pictures of what I have and hope they will give you a better idea of their appearance. Both vinyl wraps and plasti dip come off, or peel off, of chrome (or very smooth surfaces) very easily.

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Spraying plasti dip on your grill is not difficult at all...and I would rather do that than wrapping vinyl. To me, the only negative thing about plasti dip is the actual finish. It's not smooth and glossy like glossy black vinyl. I'll try to take pictures of what I have and hope they will give you a better idea of their appearance. Both vinyl wraps and plasti dip come off, or peel off, of chrome (or very smooth surfaces) very easily.
Thanks will the plasti dip look good? I've seen several do it on this forum and it looked good to me from the pictures. Does it look bad when you're right up on it?

Sent from my iPad Pro using Tapatalk

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First picture is plasti dip grill with my new mirror caps that I just painted with gloss black paint. Second and third picture is with a piece of black high gloss vinyl from VViViD Vinyl.

IMG_4283.JPG IMG_4282.JPG IMG_4281.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA