Wrap All - Wrap Some - Wrap None

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As mentioned previously, I used this glossifier, but still not a smooth finish. I later learned that in order to get a smoother finish (finish with zero or little texture), I should've sprayed the plasti dip wetter/thicker. It's a little tricky because you'll also run the risk of getting "runs".

Sorry I only saw the final pic you posted on this page and hadn't looked at the previous page, now I see all that happened prior. Thanks and sorry.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still a little torn between wrapping all, some, or none (just leaving them the way they are) of my chrome trims, grill, mirrors, roof rack, running board, etc.

I'm definitely leaving the wheels they way they are (with machined finish along spoke edges) and also leaving chrome edges around front/rear bowtie emblems.

What do you think?
(Sorry about the woman in the photo. She needed to take photos to give me a quote on wrapping all chrome trims....as I'm currently pricing around to see what it would cost if I decided to do it).

View attachment 76600 View attachment 76601

I really like the small amount of chrome on the sides of the truck, but I don't care for the large amount of chrome you get with the grille or the side mirrors.

I was doing a google image search to see if I could find a blacked out grille, but there doesn't seem to be any to be found.
I also found a few pictures of a truck like yours that was completely blacked out, and I just didn't look right to me.
A small amount of tasteful chrome looks nice on a black truck.

I think those wheels look really sharp on your truck.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of the people that looked at the Tahoe in person say leave it alone as the chrome trims and grill compliment the wheels...while others have said black out the grill and mirrors...while still others have said black all the trims and grill except the roof rack.
Before I finished reading the entire thread (didn't notice the multiple pages at first), I did this quick and dirty photo-chop on one of your original photos.
I blacked out the slats on in the grille (and I see that you did that, too. looks nice), and then I blacked out most of the mirror, but left a stripe of chrome:
IMG_4191b.JPG

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I finished reading the entire thread (didn't notice the multiple pages at first), I did this quick and dirty photo-chop on one of your original photos.
I blacked out the slats on in the grille (and I see that you did that, too. looks nice), and then I blacked out most of the mirror, but left a stripe of chrome:
View attachment 79086

I actually like the mirror with the small strip of chrome.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually like the mirror with the small strip of chrome.
I was trying to complement the other small pieces of chrome around the body.

If you try it, I want to see what it looks like :D

I just can't think of anything that might look better for the grille.

Last edited:

Denali132

Banned
Reaction score
Just had the guy come to my house and do my grill in my garage! It looks great and I like that that chrome strip on top of the headlights is now black on the side. I didn't even have to go anywhere. He did a great job and it's not a rough finish it's smooth and glossy look
60d28b1ece2755bd0d92ffc5a8567396.jpg
66b46f8331d5e5df272abb2a9994d935.jpg
92ea96d8accff264e75f902b6357e194.jpg
c23693251cf246c65a1fb676300e0e7a.jpg
eca9659b700fa7a187e72187a29382ee.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally finished painting my LTZ grill (horizontal slats) using Rust-Oleum Peel Coat. It's exactly like Plasti Dip, but has a slightly smoother finish.

I like both paints, but prefer the LTZ grill over the honeycomb mesh grill. However, my wife prefers the honeycomb mesh. :argue:

IMG_4294.JPG

As I did before....I replaced grill without removing bumper.

IMG_4295.JPG IMG_4296.JPG IMG_4297.JPG IMG_4298.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts