Wrap All - Wrap Some - Wrap None

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still a little torn between wrapping all, some, or none (just leaving them the way they are) of my chrome trims, grill, mirrors, roof rack, running board, etc.

I'm definitely leaving the wheels they way they are (with machined finish along spoke edges) and also leaving chrome edges around front/rear bowtie emblems.

What do you think?
(Sorry about the woman in the photo. She needed to take photos to give me a quote on wrapping all chrome trims....as I'm currently pricing around to see what it would cost if I decided to do it).

IMG_4191.JPG IMG_4192.JPG

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Black it all!!

I agree. Black it all. Im hoping to black all as well on mine...obviously all but the truck... but did the black out on my Charcoal Ram diesel and loved it. Baby steps on getting my 17 Hoe blacked out, but its going to get done. Plans.... wrap all chrome with glossy black vinyl, debadge OR replace with glossy black emblems (have them, just no time to change yet).

upload_2017-3-13_14-39-44.png upload_2017-3-13_14-38-22.png upload_2017-3-13_14-38-33.png

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
forgot to add. LOVE the Hoe! Great work and even if you don't do a thing...you have a beautiful ride!

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Keep those suggestions coming! Keep in mind...I'm leaving the rims the way they are (not blacking them out completely) and leaving the chrome edges around the front/rear bowtie emblems.

Some of the people that looked at the Tahoe in person say leave it alone as the chrome trims and grill compliment the wheels...while others have said black out the grill and mirrors...while still others have said black all the trims and grill except the roof rack.

What makes this difficult is that I agree with EVERYONE. :confused:

I may end up wrapping all then removing them one-by-one if I don't like it.

Nonetheless...keep your suggestions/comments coming. Thanks!

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the great thing about wrapping.... You don't like it, you are out a few bucks (maybe more if you remove all). Either way, it's your ride. Do what makes you happy. If you wrap it and love it, then you are set, no matter what others say. I like the idea of leaving the wheels and bowtie chrome. Keep us posted on your estimate for wrapping. I haven't had time to get an estimate on mine, but its something that will be done in the next few months as Summer appears.

My dodge, I used Plasti dip. Was easily removed if I didn't like it. But its a little easier to have "mishaps" on a charcoal truck. Not gonna spray the pearl with Plasti dip, so going with wrap for sure.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is the great thing about wrapping.... You don't like it, you are out a few bucks (maybe more if you remove all). Either way, it's your ride. Do what makes you happy. If you wrap it and love it, then you are set, no matter what others say. I like the idea of leaving the wheels and bowtie chrome. Keep us posted on your estimate for wrapping. I haven't had time to get an estimate on mine, but its something that will be done in the next few months as Summer appears.

My dodge, I used Plasti dip. Was easily removed if I didn't like it. But its a little easier to have "mishaps" on a charcoal truck. Not gonna spray the pearl with Plasti dip, so going with wrap for sure.

Absolutely! For the price I'm going to pay, I'm fine with trying out the "semi-murdered-out" look....rather than just listening to what others say, and not knowing what it would've been like if I did it. As for estimates for wrapping all chrome except wheels and bowties, here's what I got:

Shop #1: $275

Shop #2: $1100-1500 :jawdrop:
Shop #3: $800-1000 :wtf2:

Guess who I'm going with? :)

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a nice looking ride. Give the wrap a go and see what you think. I think some chrome ties in with the wheels. Perhaps the roof rack and steps or that sliver on the door handles.....Wrap the mirrors, fogs and grille. Whichever direction you go it is going to look sick!

Last edited: