Wrap All - Wrap Some - Wrap None

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed plasti dip grill. We'll see if this look will grow on me. Like I said before....I prefer a smooth, glossier finish that this plasti dip grill does not have.

I was able to remove and replace grill without removing bumper.

IMG_4286 copy.jpg

BrianT

Reaction score
Looks good, but how did you remove the grill without the bumper having to come off??

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good, but how did you remove the grill without the bumper having to come off??

I removed all clips and fasteners from top portion and all fasteners from left/right fender wells and removed the 6 fasteners that attach the grill to the bumper (3 on the left and 3 on the right). Then, unclip the 12 clips (these are just like hooks that snap into place when installing grill) from the bottom of the grill that attach to the bumper.

I was too lazy to jack the Hoe up to get under to remove the "gazillion" fasteners and clips...but I think it would've been a little easier removing them and removing the grill with the bumper. Those 12 clips on the bottom were a bit tricky to unclip.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I basically used the attached instructions and this video as my reference. I did not do steps 4, 5, and 7. And in step 8 they mentioned 5 screws, but only 3 on each end attaches to the bumper (you can see them in the video at around 5:33.

Also in the video at around 4:20, you can see the kind of space you'd have to stick your arms in to reach the 12 clips on the bottom of grill.

Attachments

• 6310561-installation-instructions.pdf
    564.5 KB · Views: 12

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed plasti dip grill. We'll see if this look will grow on me. Like I said before....I prefer a smooth, glossier finish that this plasti dip grill does not have.

I was able to remove and replace grill without removing bumper.

View attachment 78733

Love the look. Did you consider just leaving the grill on and taping around it? I have watched several videos on www.DipYourCar.com and they mostly taped around it and just sprayed right on. now I haven't found a video where they did a Tahoe (or anything but a car) but they always did the same thing. Just taped around and sprayed the chrome.

Just curios if you had considered and what your reason for removing was. (ie: the only option)

Thanks

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Love the look. Did you consider just leaving the grill on and taping around it? I have watched several videos on www.DipYourCar.com and they mostly taped around it and just sprayed right on. now I haven't found a video where they did a Tahoe (or anything but a car) but they always did the same thing. Just taped around and sprayed the chrome.

Just curios if you had considered and what your reason for removing was. (ie: the only option)

Thanks

The reason is.....the grill was already off. The grill is a brand new grill I purchased from Ebay. If you notice, it's not the LTZ grill (with the horizontal slats). So I removed the LTZ grill to put on the Ebay grill that I had just plasti dipped and also applied 3 - 4 coats of glossifier.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score

BK76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason is.....the grill was already off. The grill is a brand new grill I purchased from Ebay. If you notice, it's not the LTZ grill (with the horizontal slats). So I removed the LTZ grill to put on the Ebay grill that I had just plasti dipped and also applied 3 - 4 coats of glossifier.

awe... that makes perfect sense now. I have done the plasti dip on emblems for my Dodge Ram, but not for Trim or Grills. I am going getting all the product now so I can do this as well.