Wrap All - Wrap Some - Wrap None

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the front view of wrapped grill. Good from far....but FAR from good. Apparently, this guy has never done this type of work before. The top and bottom major sections (the ones surrounding the inner horizontal slates/bars) were done in multiple sections instead of one whole piece. He said he's gonna re-do it, but I'm done with him.

P3300029_2.jpg

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the front view of wrapped grill. Good from far....but FAR from good. Apparently, this guy has never done this type of work before. The top and bottom major sections (the ones surrounding the inner horizontal slates/bars) were done in multiple sections instead of one whole piece. He said he's gonna re-do it, but I'm done with him.

View attachment 78042

Same deal with my guy. Took him three try's to get it semi perfect but I had enough and let it be. It's close enough for me and provides ample protection. I only did partial hood and I have white so you tend to see a dirt line it some spots but comes right off after a car wash. I also had him wrap the shiny black parts around the doors but going to have those removed and changed to a metallic black cause I don't like that glossy finish and the chrome around the windows. Was also thinking about doing the chrome on the middle of the doors to a carbon white.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting wrap. I've never seen partial. He couldn't wrap complete parts (fenders, bumpers, mirrors, hood)?

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting wrap. I've never seen partial. He couldn't wrap complete parts (fenders, bumpers, mirrors, hood)?

Yes on the full hood but I didn't care for it till after the dirt line lol. And same for the fenders. The mirror comes precut and that's what it covers. I'm sure you can do full mirror but probably not needed. Front bumper is fully wrapped.

I was mostly concerned with wrapping the problem spots from rock chips.

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I decided to wrap the window trims myself. Not as easy as I thought, but am pleased with the results. I'll take better pics when I have a chance. So now...all chrome (except bowtie emblem borders and spoke edges on wheels) have been deleted. Oh...and my door handles have black covers.

IMG_4276.JPG

OP
OP
16blkltz

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great!! Did you say you had your grill painted or wrapped!?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

Thanks! Grill is wrapped. I'll be removing the wrap soon because the guy that wrapped my grill did a very bad job...so it looks good from far...but VERY VERY FAR from good. So bad that I've actually ordered another grill and will try to wrap it myself. I'm also going to try to re-wrap this grill too. If I can't do it...I'll just plasti-dip or paint it glossy black.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094