what should i change? steering/suspension wise?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
putting some 28" rims on the tahoe and dont want any problems with wear on the tires (they cost 1200$ each) im thinking all balljoints and tie rods anything else i should swap out? ive got 157k on the truck and would like it to be done right

thanks guys!

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
all that ***** going to wear out faster then normal anyways.. just let it be, and when something breaks then replace it.. IMO

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
LMAO
How bout your breaks? That's a lot off wheel to stop and the rotors are going to look tiny.

bai78

Surviving
Reaction score
Extreme big brake/slotted rotor upgrade along with stainless steel lines. You may want to consider a hydroboost conversion.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
x2 on brakes, SS brake lines the shocks, pitman and idler arms, sway bars. Its definetly time to swap out. When I first bought my truck it has 20" wheels and let me tell you I hated it! I can't imagine 28" wheels on these things... In my opinion it would ride like shit and it's just throwin money into something that really doesn't look good with 28" wheels so save some of that cash for awhile cause you must have quite a bit I assume and buy a slightly used mint 2008 Tahoe flashy as shit, I just don't even get why too? To get women?! I've got 16" wheels and girls like to ride in my truck. Maybe you should reconsider ha. No offense ofcoarse...

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brakes, and big brakes at that. Not just a disk and pad upgrade. I have no idea how much a 28" rim weighs but that is going to be a lot of rolling mass. Can you say brake fade?

OP
OP
riviera rider

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol i got the rims already i traded my 96 monte and some cash for the rims, i do custom paint work as my profession so i decked out the monte for pretty cheap and got a steal on this trade, the truck is barely going to be driven im just pretty much just putting the rims on painting the truck and gonna sell it probaly this summer after a few car shows. i tend to go through cars quick, i think i had around 5 this summer alone. so i just want to change shit that may be needed not to **** up anything while i am driving it.

planning on doing a drilled/slotted rotors with some high performance pads, all tierods/ball joints and idler and pitman arms

shocks have been replaced and maybe ill look into the sway bars also

thanks guys i appreciate it!!! heres a pic of the rims! (its just sitting next to the truck not installed yet)

Attachments

• 1213091207.jpg
    1213091207.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 37

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz