Someone tried to steal The Beast, now the ignition wont turn on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
No those wouldn't have helped. They defeated the lock cylinder itself. Those things keep them from prying the plastic piece out and sliding something behind there to access the lock rod. I looked into those before, but thanks. I appreciate you looking out for me!

View attachment 191099
How the hell did they get in? I don't see any damage. If they popped out the lock cylinder, you can't even tell.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How the hell did they get in? I don't see any damage. If they popped out the lock cylinder, you can't even tell.
They push the lock cylinders on the door in, they’ve done it to like 15 of our late 90’s early 2000’s work trucks

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The video that worked for you was the same one I sent to your FB after my last comment, I'm not on here as much. Glad you got it to move, good luck getting it all fixed!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the cylinder replaced and the column all put back together. The only thing left is the passenger door lock; I have to remove the door panel and see what's up. It's raining like hell today though so that will wait. Thanks for all the help guys.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The video that worked for you was the same one I sent to your FB after my last comment, I'm not on here as much. Glad you got it to move, good luck getting it all fixed!!!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Got it Chris. I'm not into FB much so I didn't connect with you. Thanks though.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when they bust those door locks in it breaks on the inside of the handle, most likely you will need the lock cylinder and a handle, you will see when you pull the panel off look at it with a flashlight, a lock smith can re-key the cylinder for you cheap if you take it to them before you put back it in. it is easy to replace yourself the stealer will want like $200+
it looks like your handles are painted to match so there's that also, I've had mine broken a few times which is why I have this alarm system now which wont stop them from breaking it, but it will scream bloody ****** when they do.

Kelsda

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the cylinder replaced and the column all put back together. The only thing left is the passenger door lock; I have to remove the door panel and see what's up. It's raining like hell today though so that will wait. Thanks for all the help guys.
Great that it wasn’t stolen now get a two way alarm I have a viper when someone or thing comes in contact with the truck it lets me know first with motion sensor go out and see who is ******* with your vehicle

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when they bust those door locks in it breaks on the inside of the handle, most likely you will need the lock cylinder and a handle, you will see when you pull the panel off look at it with a flashlight, a lock smith can re-key the cylinder for you cheap if you take it to them before you put back it in. it is easy to replace yourself the stealer will want like $200+
it looks like your handles are painted to match so there's that also, I've had mine broken a few times which is why I have this alarm system now which wont stop them from breaking it, but it will scream bloody ****** when they do.
Thanks for the info. I think I'll see if I can just put a blank cover over that lock hole and paint that part to match. I never have used that lock; I'll still have the driver door and hatch in case my fob doesn't work. But I think I'll remove the new ignition cylinder and take it to a locksmith with the old one and have it rekeyed back to the original so they all match.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mccubbinsjl