Help swapped engine and now it won’t turn over

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cocobug1999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I recently purchased an 04 Tahoe with 198k miles. Truck had been sitting for a couple months. I put a hot battery in it and it fired up. The oil was sludgy so I changed it a couple times hoping it would be okay well cylinder number 3 rod bearing spun. So I bought a used motor that ran to replace it with. Freshened up the new motor and installed it and now the vehicle has a no crank issue. All the lights come on and it has power but will not spin over. Starter relay clicks but starter will not engage. Please help!?!

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you mount all mass points and connectors properly?

check everything again...

OP
OP
C

Cocobug1999

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes. I went over the whole motor all the grounds. I forgot a wire ate first on the ground under the ps pump. Cleaned the block and bolted both back up. When I attempt to crank it the dash lights dim and then come back on when I let off the key

nonickatall

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you use your starter or is it from the swapped maschine? Have you tried cranking the engine at the front flywheel to check whether the engine rotates freely?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019

Latest posts