Saving a few NBS'ssss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
drowssap

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ain't that the truth! Nice, another build thread. Do they all have clean titles?
Yes! I normally do not mind branded titles but it sucks to own one here in Colorado. Before you get the vehicle inspected....you have to stamp "REBUILT FROM SALVAGE" into the B-pillar. The problem is that the metal is just a hollow tube and instead of stamping the metal....you just end up bashing it in.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
quite a collection! defiantly need more info on the fan swap
What do you need to know? I've done it. There's write-ups in the tech section. You can either use the OEM fans and harness out of the 05-06's or buy new fans and use an alternate harness although there's been issues with the aftermarket harnesses, as in melting. There's a member here (@ScottyBoy ) who sells the OEM harnesses and fans. Either way you need to plug a wiring pin into the PCM connector and have that pin activated so the PCM knows to control the fan.

jerryjoe28

That Guy
Reaction score
What do you need to know? I've done it. There's write-ups in the tech section. You can either use the OEM fans and harness out of the 05-06's or buy new fans and use an alternate harness although there's been issues with the aftermarket harnesses, as in melting. There's a member here (@ScottyBoy ) who sells the OEM harnesses and fans. Either way you need to plug a wiring pin into the PCM connector and have that pin activated so the PCM knows to control the fan.

so basically I need a fan out of an 05-06 and the harness that gos with it. (guessing just remove the pins? (any idea on pin locations for 04?) then have my tuner turn the fans? is that just one of the system options on hp tuners? like where the AC controls are? im sure I can find all this info with a search but any info u could give would be appreciated

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so basically I need a fan out of an 05-06 and the harness that gos with it. (guessing just remove the pins? (any idea on pin locations for 04?) then have my tuner turn the fans? is that just one of the system options on hp tuners? like where the AC controls are? im sure I can find all this info with a search but any info u could give would be appreciated
Sure, I'll help you with a link to the tech section article. Read up. There's another one too from Scottyboy in there. All you have to do is stroll through the tech section, you don't even have to search. I have no idea about HP Tuners. I had BlackBear turn my pin on.
http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/how-to-install-e-fans.9400/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019