What's the chime I get a few minutes into a new drive?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
KMeloney

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SOLVED THE MYSTERY!

It is, in fact, a RR crossing alert from Waze. I have my phone auto-sync whenever I get in the truck, but don't necessarily have Waze up on the screen. Last night, where I thought I had gotten the chime before, I made sure to put Waze up on the screen -- and voila, along with the chime, Waze showed a visual alert that there was a RR crossing ahead.

Thanks for the input, folks. Now we know.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SOLVED THE MYSTERY!

It is, in fact, a RR crossing alert from Waze. I have my phone auto-sync whenever I get in the truck, but don't necessarily have Waze up on the screen. Last night, where I thought I had gotten the chime before, I made sure to put Waze up on the screen -- and voila, along with the chime, Waze showed a visual alert that there was a RR crossing ahead.

Thanks for the input, folks. Now we know.
ya waze added that sound about a year ago, I was puzzled the first couple times it happened as well but figured it out fairly quickly because I cross 4 set's of RR track's in a short period on a typical weekday drive for work. there is a option in settings to turn it off if so desired.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019