Not saving settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya with autostart the seat heater light does not come on and as soon as you turn the key to run the auto stuff turns off. if you have ran it long enough in autostart you should be able to feel the seat warmed up a little when you get in. it seems that the "auto" heat is the same as the low seat heater setting, it's not going to be a nice toasty warmed up seat but it will be at least warm.

OP
OP
D

dwood443

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
ya with autostart the seat heater light does not come on and as soon as you turn the key to run the auto stuff turns off. if you have ran it long enough in autostart you should be able to feel the seat warmed up a little when you get in. it seems that the "auto" heat is the same as the low seat heater setting, it's not going to be a nice toasty warmed up seat but it will be at least warm.
Thanks everyone, I have confirmed the heated seats are working with remote start

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the seat heaters are on but since you remote started, indicator lights will not display till you "turn" the truck on. In my 2016 the cooled seat is functioning, but no lights till I start the truck.
Same with heat. I got in mine recently when it was 19. Seats were warm, but light doesn’t indicate it since it remote started.

tuckerrnr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank God the engineers were smart enough that if you remote start, then get in and turn the key all the way it will not engage the starter while the engine is running. I would have Private Edward Garlic-ed that poor truck thousands of times.

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dwood443

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for all the responses everyone. I took a trip to Florida (800 miles each way) over the holidays and the ride was great. I noticed when I used the turn signal and a vehicle was in the lane next to me I would see the alert in the mirror but I expected an audible or seat vibrate alert as well. Is this normal?

*** never mind, I see its not an option***

Last edited:

HomeMadeSin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Been driving a company vehicle lately (2018 XL Denali). Have the exact same issue - tried turning off the “remote start - seat heat” for a day and then turning back on. NADA. Was coooooooold this past week in CO. Haven’t spent a whole lot of time chasing the issue down, but sure seems like it’s more problematic than it should be. Both seats and steering wheel work fine once I’m in and turn on officially (all HVAC set to auto all the time).

I’ve a RAM 1500 Eco Laramie personally. I’ve yet to see a better setup for remote start and auto HVAC/seat/steering system.

I’m working on procuring this 2018 Denali (68k miles). Hope the DOD/AFM doesn’t ruin the parade. Already have to deal with the Ecodiesel fun….modern powertrains leave a lot to be desired.

Z

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Been driving a company vehicle lately (2018 XL Denali). Have the exact same issue - tried turning off the “remote start - seat heat” for a day and then turning back on. NADA. Was coooooooold this past week in CO. Haven’t spent a whole lot of time chasing the issue down, but sure seems like it’s more problematic than it should be. Both seats and steering wheel work fine once I’m in and turn on officially (all HVAC set to auto all the time).

I’ve a RAM 1500 Eco Laramie personally. I’ve yet to see a better setup for remote start and auto HVAC/seat/steering system.

I’m working on procuring this 2018 Denali (68k miles). Hope the DOD/AFM doesn’t ruin the parade. Already have to deal with the Ecodiesel fun….modern powertrains leave a lot to be desired.

Z
it might need to be checked by the dealer to see if it needs a module or some kind of reprogramming.
in the mean time you can auto start it and run out and press buttons to heat things up before you normally leave
kind of defeats the point of "automatic" but better than cold butt

HomeMadeSin

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
True. I have to do that for my EcoD because the intake swirl valves are stuck and remote start is disabled. It’s a pain - first world issue I know.

And I’ll be the first to admit I’ll surrender my “man card” before I give up a heated steering wheel in the winter….

Z

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019