Saving a few NBS'ssss

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
drowssap

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice build thread @drowssap Why all the fuss to integrate electric cooling fans into the PCM? Why wouldn't you just go with a small relay and 160 degree temperature switch?
Hi Dan....thanks for the kind words. Ultimately the best way to control your fans would be to have them run entirely through your PCM. On 03+ trucks you can do that and mine is an 03. The relay route is the only way for older trucks to accomplish the swap. I also believe that 160 is too cold. I think the PCM triggers the fan at 207 or 209 from the factory but I want it to be set at 203. I will have this done once I get the tuner hooked up.

OP
OP
drowssap

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well ...back home from trip. Got a rental while away and this was what they gave me at first:

expdition.JPG

Not a fan of the vehicle at all but I will say that I want more experience with that eco boost motor! It was pretty impressive for what it was. The truck had a terrible front end and vibrated a lot so they traded me for this:

yukon 2107.JPG

THIS....THIS was nice!! I wanted to swipe the wheels really bad as those are what I want to install on my 06 Yukon!

I got a little work completed on the yukon and for some reason the pics are all jacked up and I cannot figure out what happened. All that got done though was the completed install of the new Delco pro steering box and hydro boost flush. (I can't wait to clean that engine bay!)

fluid flush.JPG

OP
OP
drowssap

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I am working on the 03 Tahoe again. Previous owner installed new brakes in the front no more than 3k miles ago but there is a slight vibration/pulsation. It is a weird one though and I can't tell if the rotors are warped or I have a bad ball joint. Working on that currently. Here is a pic of my little helper.

tahoe finish.jpg

Also....some pics of what dusk looks like at my house! Check out the grazing antelope!

sunset 2.JPG

sunset.JPG

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Where are you?! I thought you said it was a hoitey toitey neighborhood.... But there are antelope in your yard?

OP
OP
drowssap

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah....I have a second house in Black Forest Colorado. We are selling it but I have the Yukon stored there until the other vehicles are completely repaired back at the house we are using as the primary! The pics of the Tahoe is the small garage I have to work with at our primary. The other has an AMAZING 3k sq ft barn that I am giving up :(

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
awesome. triple NBS revival! the white Z looks nice.
Also, i love Colorado. My sister had a house out there on a mountain. it was amazing.
My Dad had the wildlife trained to eat out of his hand. From the deer to the squirrels to the foxes. it was crazy to witness in person. I loved it there. The air felt like it was infused with steroids.

dad.jpg

also..

Congrats on the triple-NBS-build!

OP
OP
drowssap

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah Colorado is pretty cool and apparently too many others think it too and they are all flocking here! The traffic is starting to get ridiculous. The wildlife is pretty special. We live in a valley at the foothills. We are overrun with those mule dear! They are like Canadian geese. The one's that live in our neighborhood are pretty tame because no one messes with them and because of that they just do not give a damn about anything! You have to constantly wait for them to slowly cross the road and get out of the way!

OP
OP
drowssap

drowssap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We also MIGHT be adding an 05 Esky to the group for the wife to drive! The 03 Tahoe is pretty nice but I think I will just sell it when it's finished and drive the 06 Yukon. The 05 Z is for my brother in law. I just really really love the GMT800 set up. I will create a new thread for the Yukon because I have some plans for it. I know that I want a supercharger and down the road I will do a 4l80 swap.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons