Not saving settings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwood443

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, new member and also new to me 2020 Yukon SLT owner. Always wanted to own one and finally found a used one I could afford.

for some reason some settings are not being saved. For example its cold here and I set the seats to heat with remote start. it was around 25 degrees and they do not come on auto but I can turn them on manually. also set mirrors to fold in when engine turned off and that does not work either while I can push the button to fold them in. Think a battery disconnect will help? if so how long?

I was also a little disappointed that when I saw crash warning with the distance selection one the steering wheel as a feature I mistakenly assumed it had Adapted Cruise control like my other vehicle. Apparently its just a warning.

But I'm really digging the ride and it seems like a well built vehicle.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all, new member and also new to me 2020 Yukon SLT owner. Always wanted to own one and finally found a used one I could afford.

for some reason some settings are not being saved. For example its cold here and I set the seats to heat with remote start. it was around 25 degrees and they do not come on auto but I can turn them on manually. also set mirrors to fold in when engine turned off and that does not work either while I can push the button to fold them in. Think a battery disconnect will help? if so how long?

I was also a little disappointed that when I saw crash warning with the distance selection one the steering wheel as a feature I mistakenly assumed it had Adapted Cruise control like my other vehicle. Apparently its just a warning.

But I'm really digging the ride and it seems like a well built vehicle.
double check your settings that the heater/defroster is set to come on with autostart, if the heater does not come on niether will the seat heater.
not sure on the mirror's setting

if the heater is set to come on, then next time you start it up when it is cold out and it doesn't work then look to see what the outside temperature is reading, if that sensor is not working right that could be why. for instance if it is 25 out and the sensor says 50.

OP
OP
D

dwood443

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
double check your settings that the heater/defroster is set to come on with autostart, if the heater does not come on niether will the seat heater.
not sure on the mirror's setting

if the heater is set to come on, then next time you start it up when it is cold out and it doesn't work then look to see what the outside temperature is reading, if that sensor is not working right that could be why. for instance if it is 25 out and the sensor says 50.
thanks, today the temp was 25 degrees and remote start with cold seats :) . could find no setting for heater / defroster.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks, today the temp was 25 degrees and remote start with cold seats :) . could find no setting for heater / defroster.
I just went and looked at mine I guess there is only, auto start-auto heat seats, and auto rear defrost, auto-fan speed
i have mine set for auto-heat seats on, auto-rear defrost on, auto fan speed medium.
using the oem fob, I hit lock, then hold down auto start until vehicle starts.
then when I unlock the vehicle, the defrost is going and seats are warming until I put the key to run position.
after i turn the key to run the heater reverts to last setting and seats no longer warm up unless I hit the seat heater button

did yours show outside temp of 25 on the radio this morning?

jets

Reaction score
My heated/cooled seats in my 2016 Denali have never come on with remote start in the 4 years of ownership; kind of got used to it. The mirrors will fold in when the lock button on the fob is held down for a bit.

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Confirm your climate control is in "auto" mode before you turn off the engine. Also, settings can change when you use a different key fob than the memory seat button you set the settings with...

RoadTrip

Reaction score
The seats will not get ‘hot’ without a blanket or a person sitting on them. Throw a blanket on the driver’s seat and see if it traps the heat for you.

OP
OP
D

dwood443

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks all. The mirrors do fold in if I hold the lock button and unfold if I hold the unlock button. I'd rather have the heated seats. I'm not expecting HOT seats. But I would expect the heat buttons to at least be turned on after a remote start

tuckerrnr1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe the seat heaters are on but since you remote started, indicator lights will not display till you "turn" the truck on. In my 2016 the cooled seat is functioning, but no lights till I start the truck.

OP
OP
D

dwood443

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe the seat heaters are on but since you remote started, indicator lights will not display till you "turn" the truck on. In my 2016 the cooled seat is functioning, but no lights till I start the truck.
Thanks for the tip. I'll check it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan