Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished bedding the pads and they look great. The rotors aren’t just painted black like all the others I’ve installed, they’re a nice polished black-ish look after bedding.
Edit : I read up on it and they're electro-coated but what I'm seeing is most likely pad material deposited on the rotors.
ED274235-D181-4E21-A9C0-F17968FD8683.jpeg

Last edited:

Sevenevez

Supporting Member
Reaction score
so nice man. what is the "feel" of them compared to your previous brakes? Weren't your previous ones a bigger upgrade than our stock ones as well?

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so nice man. what is the "feel" of them compared to your previous brakes? Weren't your previous ones a bigger upgrade than our stock ones as well?
Besides the bedding-in, I haven't really driven it much at all. I had to bring it home and park it afterwards to let them cool. Just a quick trip yesterday to get dinner but I took it easy. And yes I had done the gmt900 front upgrade previously. I can say that I couldn't get them to fade at all even after 10 sessions of 70-25 mph hard braking. They felt great.

mals

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bled the brakes with a Motive bleeder and it was the easiest bleed job ever. Just put a quart or two of fluid in it, pump it up to 15 lbs. of pressure, and go to each corner, attach a hose to drain into a container and loosen the bleeder. Watch as all the bubbles disappear. The thing automatically keeps the fluid at the same level in the MC and pushes clean fluid through the system.View attachment 185568

I just ordered all the parts to do my own NNBS front brake upgrade, redo the rear breaks, and replace all six flex lines with stainless. As soon as I saw your post, I looked into the Motive bleeder, watched a few videos, and placed an order for one.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does the motive solve all the ABS bleeding issues?
I don't know but I don't see why not. I've never had an issue with mine. It does push all the air out that is possible. ABS systems have always confused me.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got the reps installed today. One of the wheels has a slight out-of-round condition which was discovered after the tire was mounted. I looked at it while they spun it up and it looked OK, the lip just barely moves. I asked Factory Reproductions about it and they said if it causes vibrations they will replace it but my friend who owns the tire shop and me both agreed it should be fine. I'll get on a freeway tomorrow and check for sure. Anyway, not bad for winter wheels.IMG_7290.JPG IMG_7291.JPG IMG_7292.JPG IMG_7294.JPG IMG_7296.JPG

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I got the reps installed today. One of the wheels has a slight out-of-round condition which was discovered after the tire was mounted. I looked at it while they spun it up and it looked OK, the lip just barely moves. I asked Factory Reproductions about it and they said if it causes vibrations they will replace it but my friend who owns the tire shop and me both agreed it should be fine. I'll get on a freeway tomorrow and check for sure. Anyway, not bad for winter wheels.View attachment 185771 View attachment 185772 View attachment 185773 View attachment 185774 View attachment 185775
Damn nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar