Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The calipers need Wilwood's stainless steel hose kits due to their fittings. The kit I bought included them. And I was glad the reps came today- I was able to make sure they would fit before I have the tires mounted without having to pull a 26 off later. I think they're gonna look pretty sweet for winter rims. I bled the brakes with a Motive bleeder and it was the easiest bleed job ever. Just put a quart or two of fluid in it, pump it up to 15 lbs. of pressure, and go to each corner, attach a hose to drain into a container and loosen the bleeder. Watch as all the bubbles disappear. The thing automatically keeps the fluid at the same level in the MC and pushes clean fluid through the system.IMG_7256.JPG IMG_7258.JPG IMG_7264.JPG IMG_7267.JPG IMG_7269.JPG

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was surprised the front calipers were as close to the Dubs as they were; maybe 1/4" of clearance. About the same with the 22" reps. Anyway, looks good and should stop real good. I still have to go bed the pads in before I really test them but a short drive showed no signs of trouble. Success!IMG_7271.JPG IMG_7272.JPG IMG_7273.JPG IMG_7275.JPG IMG_7278.JPG

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Yea buddy! :chewie:

Now you need some neons in there shining on the brakes . I can hook you up lol:ehcapt:

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dammmnnn..I just looked up the brake pad replacement part numbers for my Wilwoods, out of curiosity just to see. I sure hope they don't need replacement for a long time. It probably didn't help that I bought the " Tactical Extreme" front kit but front pads are $265 list and the rears are $155 list. Ouch.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Dammmnnn..I just looked up the brake pad replacement part numbers for my Wilwoods, out of curiosity just to see. I sure hope they don't need replacement for a long time. It probably didn't help that I bought the " Tactical Extreme" front kit but front pads are $265 list and the rears are $155 list. Ouch.
Damn!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts