Rocket Man's 02 Denali Build Thread AKA "THE BEAST"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to stir the pot :p but fuel pump is 100 bucks, upgraded or moded injectors 250-300. Convert to return fuel, we will call it 100 bucks ... Price, race truck lol

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to stir the pot :p but fuel pump is 100 bucks, upgraded or moded injectors 250-300. Convert to return fuel, we will call it 100 bucks ... Price, race truck lol
It's not the cost, I mean if you've followed my thread you should know I don't have a problem spending money especially for parts. I do have a problem paying some idiot that calls himself a mechanic to f**k up my truck especially around here because nobody wants to do anything that's not stock. So that leaves it up to me to do the work. And all my work has to be done in my driveway since it won't fit in my garage. The time of year for that is about over here in the NW. Plus right now my shoulders are still messed up so nothing is getting done that's not easy. I can do the Wilwoods as long as it's soon because that's pretty easy. But the rest of that work... and unless I buy another vehicle, I have to get things done and have the truck running in a weekend so I can get to work on Monday, that is when I get back to work. So for now, I'll leave it as is after the Wilwoods.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well shit I just heard back from Justin and it looks like the 3.375 pulley isn't going to work without a lot of hassle which I'm not going to do. I'd need bigger injectors (which would mean pulling the blower since I can't get one of the rear bolts off the fuel rail), probably a bigger fuel pump, plus my MAF is maxed at 5100 RPM which would require a 2-bar OS using a second wideband wired to the unused EGR pin on the PCM, as well as a replacement MAP sensor. No thanks. Anybody need a 3.375 Whipple pulley that was used for 1/2 hour? Dammit. Oh well, The Beast is plenty fast as is.

that does suck, but enjoy what you have now for a while.
save the pulley for the next stage of work ;)

about20ninj45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's not the cost, I mean if you've followed my thread you should know I don't have a problem spending money especially for parts. I do have a problem paying some idiot that calls himself a mechanic to f**k up my truck especially around here because nobody wants to do anything that's not stock. So that leaves it up to me to do the work. And all my work has to be done in my driveway since it won't fit in my garage. The time of year for that is about over here in the NW. Plus right now my shoulders are still messed up so nothing is getting done that's not easy. I can do the Wilwoods as long as it's soon because that's pretty easy. But the rest of that work... and unless I buy another vehicle, I have to get things done and have the truck running in a weekend so I can get to work on Monday, that is when I get back to work. So for now, I'll leave it as is after the Wilwoods.

Well luckily for me, I prefer to be paid in liquid gold ( beer) so is be willing to do it basically fit free lol

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well shit I just heard back from Justin and it looks like the 3.375 pulley isn't going to work without a lot of hassle which I'm not going to do. I'd need bigger injectors (which would mean pulling the blower since I can't get one of the rear bolts off the fuel rail), probably a bigger fuel pump, plus my MAF is maxed at 5100 RPM which would require a 2-bar OS using a second wideband wired to the unused EGR pin on the PCM, as well as a replacement MAP sensor. No thanks. Anybody need a 3.375 Whipple pulley that was used for 1/2 hour? Dammit. Oh well, The Beast is plenty fast as is.
Well the good part is you caught it before doing damage. Now u gotta watch those WOT pulls and keep it under 5k rpm. Since you already have a wideband why would you need a second. I have my wideband tapped into my pcm thru the egr pin so one should be enough. Oh man you were so close to nastiness lol.. I got the boost bug bad now..I already have a return system so I get the pulley and build backwards lol??!!

The sum of the parts is nothing compared to your whole build but it's gonna be some back breaking work to get it to the next level. Well done either way Red!

Oh I think crazy things start happened ingredients when u throw 2 more lbs at that blower. From what I seen they get crazy and make serious power..6-8lbs more is forged bottom end and upgrading the entire drivetrain..whose ready for a beer run to Reds!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I put the bigger pulley back on. My fuel system is a return system also. I've tossed Justin a bunch of questions about using my existing wideband, if I'll need a bigger fuel pump, etc. Just info for the future.

OP
OP
Rocket Man

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was driving around and noticing the potholes are starting early this year, which got me to thinking about my winter wheels. And then it hit me...my 17's aren't going to fit with the Wilwoods which say 19" minimum. I was thinking about snow tires for the 17's but now I'm not sure what I'm going to do for tires, but I think I'll go with 22" snowflake reps in matte black for wheels. I don't want to bend another Dub this year.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ 22 snowflakes would look good
or 22 transits
but 20's may do better w/ potholes & such & still fit

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I was driving around and noticing the potholes are starting early this year, which got me to thinking about my winter wheels. And then it hit me...my 17's aren't going to fit with the Wilwoods which say 19" minimum. I was thinking about snow tires for the 17's but now I'm not sure what I'm going to do for tires, but I think I'll go with 22" snowflake reps in matte black for wheels. I don't want to bend another Dub this year.

20" NNBS Denali rims would look pretty good on there for the winter should be able to get an OEM set for a good price and dip or paint them, just throwing it out there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kchaga1978