reedal's '03 Tahoe build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
reedal

reedal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey reedal, nice work. Enjoying reading the build. . Did you find a solution to your "Service Brake Booster " message? I recently bought a 2003 Tahoe LT fully loaded, and would get that message once I started driving. It had a 130A alternator. Replaced alternator with a 145A rebuilt and no more message. Just FYI.
Keep up the good work.
I have been unable to find a solution on my own. But my brakes all work as they're supposed to, so I stopped worrying about it for the most part. once I get around to dropping the triple alt bracket in and putting the OE alt back in to run the vehicle, I'll see if it's just something with my ** Hairpin alt causing the message.

Thank you :)

OP
OP
reedal

reedal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coat of primer

FC280BF6-60F4-490F-B699-4A9DBBAB8377_zpsoiwgnuc5.jpg

theres still sand scratches and imperfections, but I'm ok with it.

base coat of the color they'll be. SEM Medium Dark Pewter. Matches the interior panels, except maybe it's a tad darker than the OE stuff

706EEAE2-413F-466B-A193-3553AB6C25F2_zpsljejajne.jpg

They fit perfectly on top of Bondo resin cans so they're not touching anything while drying between coats

OP
OP
reedal

reedal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't done anything. Bought a Harley, been riding it, only been in the Tahoe twice since, fuel and battery stepper motors are taking a shit now, intermittent "Service 4WD" and "Check oil level" messages. I think big blue is getting jealous that she's not getting the same attention that little blue is.
A599F387-D8C6-4E99-A663-EEBB8222B0F8_zps02pg4x1b.jpg

OP
OP
reedal

reedal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, hopefully anyone that looks at this is in the market for tan leather second row captains seats. No one wants to buy my bench, and I don't want to just toss it, so I'll sell the captains and toss the bench back in. If you or anyone you know is interested, send me a message and we can work it out. I'd rather not deal with shipping, only want to meet someone locally within Virginia/Maryland/north carolina areas. Thank you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10