MadDog's 02 Tahoe LT "Bertha" build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
What light bar is that? Do you have a link? How do you like the light output from it?

How did the leveling kit go in? Was it much of a pain?
How does it ride with the leveling kit and bilsteins? I was looking at getting the rough country leveling kit but wanted better shocks than they offered. This had me intrigued when I saw it of going the way you did with separate shocks.

The lightbar was this one, and it's really bright, plenty to see anything at night.
YITAMOTOR 50 Inch Curved LED Light Bar Spot Flood Combo Offroad Light with Wiring Harness 288W - 27,000 Lumens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0148FIZ1I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CxIIzbZ1ZKNP4

I was able to do the lift kit in my driveway, it wasn't that hard. I got 2" spacers but I shouldve gotten 1" because it's at the limit of the shocks, but it's still not bad, I just feel it a little on speedbumps.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The lightbar was this one, and it's really bright, plenty to see anything at night.
YITAMOTOR 50 Inch Curved LED Light Bar Spot Flood Combo Offroad Light with Wiring Harness 288W - 27,000 Lumens https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0148FIZ1I/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_CxIIzbZ1ZKNP4

I was able to do the lift kit in my driveway, it wasn't that hard. I got 2" spacers but I shouldve gotten 1" because it's at the limit of the shocks, but it's still not bad, I just feel it a little on speedbumps.

Nice. How far out in front of you can you see now with the light bar compared to just high beams?

That's good to hear as I'd be doing it in my driveway as well. So it's lifted too much in the back stiffening up the springs and stretching the shocks is what you're saying?

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I can see a few hundred yards, way further than the factory high beams. But yes, I have Z71 springs and 2" spacers, so I think I'm maxing out the shocks, so if I go with a smaller spacer, then theoretically my ride should be better because the shock has a little more leeway.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can see a few hundred yards, way further than the factory high beams. But yes, I have Z71 springs and 2" spacers, so I think I'm maxing out the shocks, so if I go with a smaller spacer, then theoretically my ride should be better because the shock has a little more leeway.

How did you run the wiring and mount the light bar?

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Just up the a-pillar and under the weatherstripping, into the engine bay, and I still need to run the wires for a proper switch through a grommet into the cab (I just have the little button that came with it now, fed through the doorjamb) @bluebear15

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just up the a-pillar and under the weatherstripping, into the engine bay, and I still need to run the wires for a proper switch through a grommet into the cab (I just have the little button that came with it now, fed through the doorjamb) @bluebear15

I bought this 4 gang switch clip along with 4 blue led rocker switches for all my led light bars and engine fans...I haven't gotten a chance to install them yet but they will make all your switches look legit brother

4 Gang Boat Rocker Switch Clip Panel Patrol Holder Housing Black For ARB Carling | eBay

ARB Carling Rocker Switch ZOMB light Blue LED Car Boat Waterproof 5Pins 12V | eBay

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Finally picked up those roof rails that I bought a couple months back and threw them on, in preparation for the roof rack off the green truck.
IMG_3567.JPG
Now that she's up off the ground it won't look as weird as before.
IMG_3871.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrLeritz