MadDog's 02 Tahoe LT "Bertha" build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
@05Single yep! Before that they had a red scsb OBS and an 01 NBS Tahoe. It's honestly why I started considering the NBS trucks. Plus I'm the same age as their son, so we went to school together and we're pretty good friends.

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just up the a-pillar and under the weatherstripping, into the engine bay, and I still need to run the wires for a proper switch through a grommet into the cab (I just have the little button that came with it now, fed through the doorjamb) @bluebear15

Any pictures of how it's mounted? Do you have to drill holes or use existing ones? I've always been curious

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Any pictures of how it's mounted? Do you have to drill holes or use existing ones? I've always been curious
I'm gonna guess he did. 9 out of 10 times most trucks and cars you'll have to drill a hole. Just no way around it.:shrug:

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Yeah @bluebear15 unfortunately I did have to, and trim some of the weatherstripping as well. It's held in by rivnuts that I still have to really seat in there. I had just superglued it in place. But it's been pretty sturdy for well over a year now.
IMG_3580.JPG IMG_3582.JPG IMG_3584.JPG IMG_3586.JPG

bluebear15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah @bluebear15 unfortunately I did have to, and trim some of the weatherstripping as well. It's held in by rivnuts that I still have to really seat in there. I had just superglued it in place. But it's been pretty sturdy for well over a year now.
View attachment 180828 View attachment 180829 View attachment 180830 View attachment 180831

Thanks! That will be helpful when I install mine. Do you have any leaks from it? Just didn't know if had to use some silicon to seal up or something

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
If it rains like cats and dogs, then it does a tiny bit. Some silicon would probably help, but it's unnecessary.

Cattivo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 180828 View attachment 180829 View attachment 180830 View attachment 180831

:eek::eek::eek: You should run the lightbar wires into the engine compartment then feed them through the grommet on the firewall back into the cab...guaranteed no leaks and no chance in shorting those wires out from constantly opening and closing the door on them brother

OP
OP
MadDogDelpho

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
Yeah it's the next thing on the list haha. Luckily they're very flexible and I haven't had any problems yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne