Is there a dash replacement DIY?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading my mind bro, probably do the dash and door panels for 1/5th of the cost for a new dash.

Right? I don't get these guys replacing their dashes or (worse) paying to have their dashes replaced with the exact same failure-prone part, some of them more than once. If it happened once or twice, it's gonna happen again unless something different is done. Fix the issue and use the opportunity to upgrade! I'm keeping a look out for a wrecked SUV to get the dash from so I can experiment with it. If it works out, then it'd be a quick swap-in to replace my original one. Then I could fix and wrap my original one and sell it to recoup some expenses and help someone else out.

The same applies to other common, practically guaranteed-to-fail parts such as the motor mounts. Why go through the hassle and expense of replacing them with the exact same POS design?

Extrovert

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found the parts at gmpartsdirect. My interior color code is 333, which is "Light tan". I assume that is the same as cashmere.

Instrument Panel - 2008 GMC Yukon (23224748) $339.35
Upper Trim Panel - 2008 GMC Yukon (23224734) $154.25

Estimated Shipping to Wake Forest, NC: $159.95
Hi YukonCrazy,
did you get a used dashboard or or new one main cracked want a new one cots here around 1000$

OP
OP
YukonCrazy

YukonCrazy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will probably end up buying from dealer since shipping cost for the dash makes it almost even with the dealer price. Adding some additional support to the back will also happen before installation.

TahoeOn30s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do u already got a new dash I put a cap over mine and it looks better then new

IMG_0854.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom McCormick