I have a suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhiteHoe.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a ground force 2/3 drop. The rear shocks are always letting it bottom out. I was wondering if I could buy shock extenders and use my stock shocks?

OP
OP
W

WhiteHoe.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I knew you could lol. But I didn't know of you had to have any other parts than the extenders. And if it will make it set any higher

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a ground force 2/3 drop. The rear shocks are always letting it bottom out. I was wondering if I could buy shock extenders and use my stock shocks?

just get the djm shocks will ride great and lifetime warranty and they are shorter.

What you need to do is measure the truck in rear from eye/eye on the shock at ride height then i can dial in the perfect shock for you.

OP
OP
W

WhiteHoe.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to ride with my stock shocks so I know it won't bottom out. Ill have onE person in the back of my tahoe and go over a bump and It bottoms out.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
your stock shocks are making it bottom out. you need different shocks your better off getting the shorter djm shocks and only costs a few dollars more.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
to soft thats the problem with those. Have you cut the rear bumpstop bracket off?

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is check the rear bumpstop &/or bumpstop bracket to see if your buttoning out of the frame & not bottoming out the shock. I think your problem is with something else bottoming out...

Sent from my Evo4G

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hav shock extenders and i was bottoming out. I just got rid of my bumpstop brackets, that was my issue. No more bottoming out now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar