I have a suspension question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

WhiteHoe.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The shocks are just way to soft is what I think the problem is because the back just hops up and down if you hit a bump. Not bottoming out always. The bottoming out don't bother me as much as when people are in the back and I have 26s on it then hit a small bump and the fenders come down and rub the tires. The bumpstop bracket I don't really care about. Like I couldn't put subs in it and people with 26s and it would always rub I'd say. With the soft shocks that are on it. If I can find cheap shock extenders from someone on here I'd buy em and try that before anything else.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
honestly extenders are like 20 bucks less than brand new stiff SHORTER shocks. I would get new shocks will ride better anyway. Extenders wont do shit if the shocks are junk.

OP
OP
W

WhiteHoe.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but I'm thinking the new shocks won't be stiff enough. Whats the shorter shock do

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
shorter shock ie will be in teh stroke range. if your shocks are to stiff will ride like crap.

What are you trying to accomplish anyway? If its rubbing the outer fenderlip not much you can do besides
1) smaller tires
2) milling mounting pad down

If your tires are rubbing fenderlips the offset is wrong and your stuck with it unless you do what i wrote up top. Also if one side rubs more than another just get the panhard bar and should help i tout.

Last edited:

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah but I'm thinking the new shocks won't be stiff enough. Whats the shorter shock do
How stiff do you want them to be? BellTechs are a good ride until you corner & they firm up quick. DJM's are stiffer all the way around.

I've got DJM's up front & BellTech's in back & they match up very well. Heavy front with stiffer shock...lighter rear end with a slightly smoother riding shock. Handles very well & shocks are balanced to each other quite well...it's a good match IMHO...

Cameron

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cameron his problem is his offset is wrong on the wheels and hes running prob a 305 30 26 which makes it even worse.

OP
OP
W

WhiteHoe.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a stiffer ride so it wont be so weak when it comes to weight.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
you want a stiffer ride djm shocks and rear djm swaybar will stiffen it up but if your 26s ifyou have the low offset u2 which was the old model was only a 18mm offset which is wrong. do you know what offset wheel you have?

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cameron his problem is his offset is wrong on the wheels and hes running prob a 305 30 26 which makes it even worse.
Just saw your post above mine...I totally missed it.

Cameron

OP
OP
W

WhiteHoe.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My offsets fine ill make it work. It's not impossible to drive with them. All I need is stiffer shocks and I'm fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar