I have automatic high beams!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few days ago, out of the blue, I was shocked to see that after two years my suburban decided that it has automatic high beams. The only thing I can say is that recently I was going through the settings and switched to have the speed limit of the road i am on appear on the display. It does not work, but somehow, my automatic high beams do, now. I didn't even know I was supposed to have them. Two years in still no more used to or happy with the tech than I was on day 1.

But I love the way it drives with the independent rear and magnetic suspension and goes with the 6.2.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A few days ago, out of the blue, I was shocked to see that after two years my suburban decided that it has automatic high beams. The only thing I can say is that recently I was going through the settings and switched to have the speed limit of the road i am on appear on the display. It does not work, but somehow, my automatic high beams do, now. I didn't even know I was supposed to have them. Two years in still no more used to or happy with the tech than I was on day 1.

But I love the way it drives with the independent rear and magnetic suspension and goes with the 6.2.

This is why you should read the owner's Manual, relevant sections excerpted:

1710252481885.png
1710252547175.png

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To activate tehe Intellibeam feature on my 2019 Tahoe I simply push the high beam lever toward the dash then pull it back within 3 seconds while the lights are on. A green headlight icon appears on the dash to indicate that it is engaged. I love this feature.

RoadWarrior

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I’m still finding new thingy’s on my 2017 XL. Not long ago I discovered the car has an inclinometer. My Wrangler didn’t even have that. I do find that the auto high beam doesn’t always work like they say it should, but it doesn’t happen that often, so I just keep playing with turning the high beam on and off until it works as it should. And the rain sensor is too sensitive, especially when driving in musty conditions. Overall, still very happy with my XL.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score

When I discovered that feature, I permanently disabled it. I'm quite capable of deciding when my high beams should be on or not.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Tesla vehicles have this feature. It’s popular in our neck of the woods. Owners are ignorant that the majority of our stop light controlled intersections are raised for safety. This mean their daylight colored 8k high beams don’t detect the oncoming headlamps unless they’re the 1st car at the stop light.

In other words it’s like all the vehicles at the intersection are down low watching a boxing match with their high beams looking up at the center of the ring. Unfortunately the light hits the windshield of the car across from them and the sensor for oncoming headlamps doesn’t see anything to automatically turn off the high beams.

You’ve got my permission to show those passengers car owners how bright the new Denali’s high beams are where the Tesla version of Intelebeam doesn’t work :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajdahl8660