Thinking about lowered. I have questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jagblazer01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
For those of you that are lowered....looking to drop my 04 Tahoe this spring and need some input. I'm between a 3/4 or 3/6 kit. How is the ride quality? Does a 6" rear drop need to be notched? I'm looking to maintain ride quality as best as possible. Anything else I need to think about?

hardluck13

Reaction score
I will never lower with keys ever again. I have coilovers upfront with custom upper and lower arms that narrows the track width. Custom hiem steering, and beefy sway bar and all new bushings. Rear I used to run Tony’s springs (which I like a lot and Tony is a great dude). I ran his springs with full Spohn rear and JDM offset with beef sway bar. i’m currently now running coilovers in rear.

I’m putting out all this info because I bought mine new 05. It was going to be a SEMA project but I went a different route. So I have done keys, spindals, springs up front and plus tried all the latest and greatest innovated crap that’s come and left throughout the years.i don’t know what your budget might be But I would never waste my money again on keys, springs, spindles etc.. Going with CO’s wasn’t expensive My setup is now fully tunable, rides great, no bumpsteer, I can slam it or bring it up a little bit. With the CO setup you literally throw the t bars and every thing away. If it would help I can post pictures of the install during and after. Where I‘m from is the mecca for sport trucking / custom builds and get access to stuff that people won’t hear about for years later or prototypes that don’t even make it to production.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jagblazer01

jagblazer01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will never lower with keys ever again. I have coilovers upfront with custom upper and lower arms that narrows the track width. Custom hem steering, and beefy sway bar and all new bushings. Rear I used to run Tony’s springs (which I like a lot and Tony is a great dude). I ran his springs with full Spohn rear and JDM offset with beef sway bar. i’m currently now running coilovers in rear.

I’m putting all this info because I bought mine new 05. It was going to be a SEMA project but I went a different route. So haven’t doing keys and spjndal and the latest innovated crap that’s come and left throughout the years.your budget might not be there right now. But I would never waste my money again on keys, springs, spindles etc.. My setup now fully tunable, rides great, no bumpsteer, I can slam it or bring it up a little bit. With the CO setup it you literally throw the t bars and every thing away. If it would help I can post pictures of the install during and after.
Pictures would definitely help. Right now I'm gonna run with Tony's kit until I can get a daily then it'll be a full project toy and I'll put it on air

hardluck13

Reaction score
Sucks. I looked through my pictures and I’m missing a bunch like: the coilovers in front installed, these pictures are from running Tony’s springs in the rear and not showing coilovers in rear, doesn’t have the big brake kit on it like it does now. It’s also pictured without the 22x8.5 front billets and the rear 22x10 billets in the rear. I also did the free travel but after the coilovers in the rear I piped notched it so this thirsty Hoe never bottoms out. I hope it helps some.

One of my good friends Jacob (Stone Fab) makes the kit for the front.i was sponsored by Alden American on one of my race trucks so i stayed with them for this Hoe.

The only thing I wanted you to hopefully take away from it. Is the extra money for this is more than night and day. I’ll never go back to anything else. My (2) 2door 2wd Tahoes are on chassis with coilover kit from stone in the front along with four linked rears on coilovers. Only vehicles I don’t have done are like my new mega cab Cummins, my other 4wd pickups etc…. But I am building a reg cab 1500 phantom dually and that has the CO kit in the front it looks pretty cool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts