Air Suspension Controller Bad?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon XL. The air suspension stopped working. I checked the shock, they hold air. The compressor would start when either I jumped the relay or use a scan tool. I did notice that it the exhaust value would stick open so I replace it. It still won't run as needed? I was able to use my scan tool to deflate the air shocks and then stop the engine. When I start the engine, it does not turn on the compressor.

Now here is the weird stuff. I pull fuse 45 (Auto Level Run/Crank) and put it back in, it will automatically inflate the shocks. If I try again, it won't the second time. It seems to be resetting air suspension controller?

Any ideas, this one makes no sense to me.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon XL. The air suspension stopped working. I checked the shock, they hold air. The compressor would start when either I jumped the relay or use a scan tool. I did notice that it the exhaust value would stick open so I replace it. It still won't run as needed? I was able to use my scan tool to deflate the air shocks and then stop the engine. When I start the engine, it does not turn on the compressor.

Now here is the weird stuff. I pull fuse 45 (Auto Level Run/Crank) and put it back in, it will automatically inflate the shocks. If I try again, it won't the second time. It seems to be resetting air suspension controller?

Any ideas, this one makes no sense to me.
could maybe the suspension module
any codes?
is the rest of the suspension stock?
ride height sensors working?
is the replacement pump showing the correct psi?

OP
OP
O

Omne

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
could maybe the suspension module
any codes?
is the rest of the suspension stock?
ride height sensors working?
is the replacement pump showing the correct psi?
No Codes
Stock Suspension
Ride Height Seem to be working
The pump is Dorman (when it does fill up the shocks, it reads .8v I think, empty reads .35v)

I pull the relay and reset it, I can get it to automatically fill the shocks once.

It seems to be getting into a state where it's failing some self test?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Codes
Stock Suspension
Ride Height Seem to be working
The pump is Dorman (when it does fill up the shocks, it reads .8v I think, empty reads .35v)

I pull the relay and reset it, I can get it to automatically fill the shocks once.

It seems to be getting into a state where it's failing some self test?
if you bought the pump local I would try and swap it for another one just to see if it is the pump
otherwise it may take some more in-depth troubleshooting, I haven't used gds2 on a k2 with air ride so not sure what data is available on that platform
the pump should show the psi when inflated and the relief valve should release some air just before the pump kicks on to relieve some pressure so the pump does not have to work as hard when inflating during a key cycle. and after it has been parked it should briefly release some air within a minute.
at least that's how the gmt900's operate

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could reset the automatic level control (ALC) with your scanner and see if the resolves your issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar