Suspension question 07 tahoe ltz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 07 tahoe LTZ two wheel drive. I have a beltech 2/3 inch drop kit on it. Im looking to change the stock shocks and struts but I don't know what I really have. I know the rear are some kind of air shock that's connected to compressor but I don't know if the front struts are regular shock struts of electronic. I want to swap them out to something new but not expensive. Pretty easy job....

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess the question you are asking is how to tell if the front are electronic or not?
presumming you are not the original owner?
if they are oem they will have gm stickers/bwe, etc and part numbers, the top of the shock will have a harness connected to the center rod.
if they are not oem they may or may not have stickers or labels of any kind and may or may not have the harness connected on top, they may have built in resistors or a resistor attached to the harness to fool the computer into thinking all is well and not throw a service suspension message.

cheaping out on the suspension may or may not have the desired results. that's just how it goes, could ride just fine or may not
not judging just sayin,,,,, you might not get the desired results. anytime you change the suspension it is a risk

OP
OP
FINALTOUCHFRI

FINALTOUCHFRI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it! TY! I bought it with 80K miles so the shocks and struts are still OEM. I was thinking just go all Beltech for the struts and shocks

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Open glove box door, review 3 digit/ character codes and verify if code z55 is present. @Doubeleive is helping you out to try and save you some headaches.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got it! TY! I bought it with 80K miles so the shocks and struts are still OEM. I was thinking just go all Beltech for the struts and shocks

Just know that the Belltech stuff will most likely ride harsher than the OEM stuff. I say "most likely" since, at 80K miles, the condition of the variable struts and their resulting firmness is unknown. The Belltech SP is great on the highway with slower suspension cycling as with dips and humps. But, due to being tuned more towards sporty handling, they're firm on fast/sharp jolts such as cracks and blow-ups. The popular default all-around "safe" choice if you were to delete the electronic variable valving of the OEM struts and shocks is Bilstein 4600 series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019