Gabe's SLOW 2009 Tahoe LT XFE Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NNBS-Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How's it going guys, we recently bought our 2009 Tahoe L XFE right before xmas. It had just a hair over 84K on the odometer when we bought it and aside from a few things to fix because I'm picky I am happy with the truck. This rides so much better than the 2004 Silverado I had years back. The tints came as you see in the pics, and the only things I have done so far was get one of the TPMS sensors replaced and replaced the bulbs for the DRL's. In the near future I will be changing the oil, adding an Air Raid Jr. Kit and a Magnaflow 12589, Debagding the truck, and getting floor mats all around. Later down the line I would like to replace the cracked dash pieces and get new carpeting to spruce it up a bit. Will also want to add some Denali wood grain accents. Also looking into tinting the front windshield and then an aftermarket alarm system with remote start.

After that the real modding can begin. Here's what's "planned"

Exterior:
- 22" 2015 Esky Reps
- 2/4 Drop
- Retros for headlights
- Esky/Denali Roof Rack
- New Grill (haven't the slightest clue which yet)
- Esky side mirrors
- Esky/Denali running boards
- Debagde/Demold

Int:
- New Head Unit (Pioneer AVH- 4000NEX)
- (4) TV screens in headrest- (1) CLD-703 & (3) CLS-703
- New LED bulbs
- Denali Wood Grain Accents
- Repair/Restore Leather as needed
- Tint front windshield

Not going crazy with performance it's not a race car and it's the Wife's DD. Magna flow 12589, Air Raid Jr. Kit, and BB Tune (eventually)

I'm sure I forgot a couple of things and will update post as I remember but figured this would be a good place to keep track of what I change and the things I'd like to do. All input is welcomed. I am not new to modding stuff just been messing with Harley's for a few years and the last truck I had I didn't go crazy with. But when I was younger I modded all my trucks and cars. Just been a while.

Good board you guys got here looking forward to learning and hanging up a couple two/three things.

Gabe

Edit: Just for my info, truck is sitting at 35 1/4" up front & 36" on the rear from ground to edge of fender well in the middle.

IMG_6650_zps25c7485c.gif

IMG_6649_zpsa0fc673b.gif

IMG_6648_zpsf54495c5.gif

IMG_6647_zps2ff741b3.gif

IMG_6646_zps5e2beea2.gif

IMG_6645_zps57b2086f.gif

IMG_6644_zpsc204f0fd.gif

Last edited:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice. Looks like you got a clean slate to work with :) I can say that my list of mods grew exponentially the more time I spent here :) I'm sure yours will too. :Handshake: Welcome aboard, Gabe.

OP
OP
NNBS-Medic

NNBS-Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice. Looks like you got a clean slate to work with :) I can say that my list of mods grew exponentially the more time I spent here :) I'm sure yours will too. :Handshake: Welcome aboard, Gabe.

Thanks brother, and yes I know how that goes. Same thing when I had the bikes and on going with my gun hobby....... :Good or Bad:

OP
OP
NNBS-Medic

NNBS-Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Always loved that color really classy

Thanks me too, the Silverado I had was the same color. I was thinking black wheels and what not originally to not have to clean as often but I just think it would look cleaner/classier with chrome.

OP
OP
NNBS-Medic

NNBS-Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Swapped the wiper blades front & rear, replaced the dirty stock air filter, put new valve stem caps to replaced the cracked stock ones, and swapped to Mobil 1 full synthetic and K&N filter. Much quieter engine now.

OP
OP
NNBS-Medic

NNBS-Medic

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my rifle parts sold so got my first CLS-703 headrest/tv screen ordered off eBay

:hat:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:party33:

blkonblk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
welcome, good looking truck. good luck with the mods. its a fun process