Frame paint..what do you use?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
Hey guys! What do you use or have you used to paint your frame,lift kit,inner fenders,tow package,rearend...?
So i just got a 95 YUKON GT. Its been used pretty hard but still an awsome ride. All these things are on the vehicle right now and will be on when i paint. my plan is just to wire bruch the areas in question.take to car wash rince well and rattle can spray away..i was thinking flat or satin black like it is already but not sure what kind/brand of paint.my friend suggested BBQ paint.another person mentioned a rattle can that stopped rust...i havent looked at the store to see what they have yet but figured many of you have done this so let me know what you used.
its not too bad rite now but winter is coming and i just got the truck 5 days ago and i just wanna spruce it up a little but as cheap as i can since its just a hunting/winter truck. thanks RORy.

"350Vortec"

*Tahoeless, For now*
Reaction score
I used the 3m DuraPaint, $12 for two cans at my local Advanced Auto. Worked great. Two years very little flaking. Just prep the surface well. I used a air gun with a metal hair wheel.

Nice truck to btw! Def needs some new headlights :)

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used the 3m DuraPaint, $12 for two cans at my local Advanced Auto. Worked great. Two years very little flaking. Just prep the surface well. I used a air gun with a metal hair wheel.

Nice truck to btw! Def needs some new headlights :)

What is a metal hair wheel?

B

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wire brushed my frame rails, thenscrubbed the wheel wells and frame with dishsoap and a stiff bristle brush. Once it dried I sparyed the wells with semi gloss black, brushed the frame with think semi gloss rustolium paint. Looks great

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Used a wire wheel, sprayed on some engine cleaner, let it sit, then hosed it down. Used DupliColor Sound deadner, it goes on thick obviously and is a flat black. I've been thinking about throwing some coats of clear in the wheel wells though.

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
well i have the new headlights and clear corners,but not the signal lights...there on the list! what i do have is going in this weekend.so do you guys think semi-gloss or flat?

OP
OP
roadrageror

roadrageror

ROADRAGEROR
Reaction score
semi-gloss it is! thanks! ill get some before/after pics...but like i said its not that bad i just wanna do somthing to it.

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wire brushed
soap and water
thick coat of rustoleum rusty metal primer (brushed)
3 thick coats of semi gloss black rustoleum (brushed)

made it through an indiana winter (more salt than you can ever imagine) and two summers. not a single chip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calabawak