Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Oh shit, snuck one in on us, lol, do you love it? Maybe you could do a side by side pic of how it was and now?

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks good man! I had a similar grill back in the day in my '03 Blazer Xtreme. Similar color to your Tahoe and I got the same finish. Really pops on that blue. Looks clean IMO. :)

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Since you guys asked to see the Street Scene grille on the front of my truck....I hit up eBay and some guy had a brand new set of polished stainless steel inserts, plastic wrapped and still in the box, never mounted for $112 shipped. It was my lucky day. Street Scene number 950-79140. You can see on the spec sheet that they only offer black chrome, satin finish, chrome finish and stainless steel. Retail price on this unit is $190, so I scored a killer deal.

As previously stated by 05Single, this is a high quality, sturdy, lightweight mesh that is able to be manipulated during installation. I could not find any blemishes on the polished face or the back side either. A good sign of quality and attention to detail.

The fitment is pretty close to perfect. Initially I would have given it a 7 to 8, but after installation and playing with it a bit and seeing how it sits in the OEM grill as a simple insert I would raise that more 8 to 9. There was some manipulation as noted below, but nothing too tragic.

The clips on the other hand, I was not happy with. I understand their design and approach, but after trying to attach them as per the instructions and making a small unnoticeable scratch when I went to remove the test fit one, I decided to not use the clips at all and pulled out the black cable ties.

The clips have very small "teeth" on the ends that when they are slid on, they are intended to grab the SS insert and also the plastic of the grille and hold it in place tight. I wasn't happy with this fitment and the ability to clamp it down securely, remove it to clean or adjust as needed. Further to that, my grille and the inserts did not seem to match up the way it is shown in the attached installation instructions.

I used a pair of needle nose pliers to bend in the raw ends near the bow tie and at the ends of the inserts to fit the curves better, so that there was a tiny gap between the paint and the metal. That is how precise the insert is cut.

Then I just took my time and placed my cable ties equally around the backside of the grille, fed them through the insert and cinched them down to secure the insert against the ribs of the OEM grille. (Note: I did clip the long ends of the cable ties before installing the grille back on the truck. That was to show where I cinched it down in the back. You cannot see the cable ties and with a freshly painted radiator front, it is good to go.)

@01Konvict
@05Single
@jerryjoe28

View attachment 77472

View attachment 77473

View attachment 77485

View attachment 77475

View attachment 77476

Yeah son!!! Told you that grille would pop so ******* the hoe! Glad you pulled the trigger on it. Surprised the polished actually looks pretty good. I guess its a good accent to the esky roof rails and brushed logo/machined wheels. Mine took a few tweaks here and there but once formed its a really good fit. Are you happy with it?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts