Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That tip is a winner @NGAneer. Liking mine every day I walk out the door. Looks so much better, even if it is just a new tip.
@Galante

No worries guys...funny stories that I can add to and good pics...haha but yeah you did jack my build thread. lol
:flamingdevil::thumbsup:

My kids were lucky to be only 3 hours away from Cape Canaveral on the final Space Shuttle launch, so my wife and her mother drove up that day, sat on the side of the road with many other people to see that launch. Pretty cool experience for them.

Look a squirrel....an ongoing distraction when my kids get out of control....err are they ever really in control? IDK

So we took the kids to the park for a family picnic this past weekend. We brought some homemade food and had a picnic table all to ourselves surrounded by the woods. My daughter was trying to show us a gymnastic move on top of the picnic table, while I spotted her and my wife and son were off to the side taking video. All of a sudden my daughter says the following in an almost deadpan, not screaming voice, which is rare;

"A raccoon, a racoon. It really is there." And sure enough that little guy waltzed right into our area looking for a handout. We left a short while later and he went to our table and started rooting around for crumbs and whatever the kids had dropped. We've had a good laugh about it since.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score

edited by staff. post being referred in this post has been handled.

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
Came in to see what all the commotion was about and it took me to the first post of your build thread where i seen something about the onstar antenna delete, started looking and wow man I had NO idea how much work you have done to this thing, on a whole other level, i believe u set a pretty high standard when it comes to what other members should want for their nbs.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
When I got my tahoe I had a vision of exactly what I wanted to do to mine. A few moths later I found this forum, and then this thread of a blue tahoe and saw that fosscore already did everything exactly that I planned to do, except the tbss wheels (mainly because I believe those belong on a midsized suv, not a full size,....here comes the hate:p).
I was happy and sad at the same time.

Not only my favorite nbs but favorite truck on the whole forum.

But it pushed me to do things differently so it's a beautiful blessing in disguise;)

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Came in to see what all the commotion was about and it took me to the first post of your build thread where i seen something about the onstar antenna delete, started looking and wow man I had NO idea how much work you have done to this thing, on a whole other level, i believe u set a pretty high standard when it comes to what other members should want for their nbs.
Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

Thx man. I had no idea either until I started looking back at the build thread and the expense spreadsheet...gulp....there has been a lot done. More than I ever intended or imagined honestly. Somehow it got sideways. I had some great input and inspiration along the way from some good guys and great looking trucks.

Fosscore's is my favorite, it's so clean and classy looking. Keep up the good work my man. :waytogo:

Thx man. I appreciate that very much. :cool:

When I got my tahoe I had a vision of exactly what I wanted to do to mine. A few moths later I found this forum, and then this thread of a blue tahoe and saw that fosscore already did everything exactly that I planned to do, except the tbss wheels (mainly because I believe those belong on a midsized suv, not a full size,....here comes the hate:p).
I was happy and sad at the same time.

Not only my favorite nbs but favorite truck on the whole forum.

But it pushed me to do things differently so it's a beautiful blessing in disguise;)

Thx man. Humbling comments and appreciated.

I remember you mentioning that I had crushed your build idea or something along those lines...and here we are with blue Tahoes (and you dislike that color) and thankfully I have CM door handles....

:lol2:

Oh just crush my TBSS wheels dream since they were only OEM 20s on the TBSS. lol Funny though how many lowered Tahoes on 24 TBSS with an HD hood you see on the old Google. Or even the U2-55s for a while. Those Z28 wheels would look killer on the Suburban though...

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
The wheels look awesome on your truck, I just wouldn't put them on mine personally. U2-55s look amazing on our trucks but again not my personal preference.

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Street Scene Polished Stainless Steel Grille Inserts
Part Number 950-79140

Since you guys asked to see the Street Scene grille on the front of my truck....I hit up eBay and some guy had a brand new set of polished stainless steel inserts, plastic wrapped and still in the box, never mounted for $112 shipped. It was my lucky day. Street Scene number 950-79140. You can see on the spec sheet that they only offer black chrome, satin finish, chrome finish and stainless steel. Retail price on this unit is $190, so I scored a killer deal.

As previously stated by 05Single, this is a high quality, sturdy, lightweight mesh that is able to be manipulated during installation. I could not find any blemishes on the polished face or the back side either. A good sign of quality and attention to detail.

The fitment is pretty close to perfect. Initially I would have given it a 7 to 8, but after installation and playing with it a bit and seeing how it sits in the OEM grill as a simple insert I would raise that more 8 to 9. There was some manipulation as noted below, but nothing too tragic.

The clips on the other hand, I was not happy with. I understand their design and approach, but after trying to attach them as per the instructions and making a small unnoticeable scratch when I went to remove the test fit one, I decided to not use the clips at all and pulled out the black cable ties.

The clips have very small "teeth" on the ends that when they are slid on, they are intended to grab the SS insert and also the plastic of the grille and hold it in place tight. I wasn't happy with this fitment and the ability to clamp it down securely, remove it to clean or adjust as needed. Further to that, my grille and the inserts did not seem to match up the way it is shown in the attached installation instructions.

I used a pair of needle nose pliers to bend in the raw ends near the bow tie and at the ends of the inserts to fit the curves better, so that there was a tiny gap between the paint and the metal. That is how precise the insert is cut.

Then I just took my time and placed my cable ties equally around the backside of the grille, fed them through the insert and cinched them down to secure the insert against the ribs of the OEM grille. (Note: I did clip the long ends of the cable ties before installing the grille back on the truck. That was to show where I cinched it down in the back. You cannot see the cable ties and with a freshly painted radiator front, it is good to go.)

@01Konvict
@05Single
@jerryjoe28

FullSizeRender copy 2.jpg

FullSizeRender copy.jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender copy 3.jpg

FullSizeRender copy 4.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members