Fosscore's 2006 Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Now I'm looking for a good deal on one, but nobody ships to me. Found one at retail price plus $92 shipping lol.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now I'm looking for a good deal on one, but nobody ships to me. Found one at retail price plus $92 shipping lol.
I wouldn't ship to you either :shrug:

:lol:

OP
OP
Fosscore

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump::hump:

MONEY MONEY MONEY!!!! I knew that would look :boobs: and finish that front end off perfectly!!
:chewie:

Thx man. :rolleyes: that's some action ^^

Looks good man! I had a similar grill back in the day in my '03 Blazer Xtreme. Similar color to your Tahoe and I got the same finish. Really pops on that blue. Looks clean IMO. :)

Thx sir.

Boom, son!

Thx man.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

A classic winner. Thx man.

Yeah son!!! Told you that grille would pop so ******* the hoe! Glad you pulled the trigger on it. Surprised the polished actually looks pretty good. I guess its a good accent to the esky roof rails and brushed logo/machined wheels. Mine took a few tweaks here and there but once formed its a really good fit. Are you happy with it?

Thx man. I almost posted the screen shot, but figured I'd wait a few days and just post the finished product....more impact that way...lol

looks good @Fosscore . what do u think about It now that u have it in?

Overall impressions -

I wasn't going to go with the inserts initially as I wasn't certain how it would look in person, even though there were plenty of examples online. However, the suggestions and positive feedback tilted my impression a bit more. Then I found the deal on eBay and impulse bought it right then.

I keep looking at the pictures and seeing how different the front end looks even with just a simple insert. It certainly pops with the blue, ties in with the chrome Esky rack, center caps and exhaust tips as well as the machine face of the TBSS wheels. It all subtley fits together, while still making a bold statement.

Pretty happy with the change actually. Just needs a bit more time to grow completely on me as I haven't made that much of a change to the exterior in quite some time.

Thanks again guys for helping me spend more money and then approving the new mod. :thumbsup:

OhioHoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The inserts look nice. It's definitely a big change but I think it helps dress it up a bit. I have the same ones except that mine are chrome finish. I like the looks of the polished finish better though I believe. Unfortunately mine have developed some rust on them and some of the chrome is flaking off so I'm going to look into refinishing/painting them some way if possible. If not I'll probably order a set like yours.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@NGAneer

This thread also may describe what you are asking perhaps a bit better. Lots of questions on this very topic.

I do not tow with my truck and in fact have my hitch removed.

Key points that are very noticeable with my BB tune.

1-2 shifts are firm and sharp. Running through the power band/RPMs when hammering it down will keep it in those gears longer into the RPM range.

If I am WOT I push that RPM almost to 6000 before she shifts.

So basically you have regular mode and otherwise known as Tow/Haul "Ass" mode.

Or if you tow a lot I believe you leave it out of that mode or do not have it programmed for that specific mode. It all really depends on what you are after.

I hope that helps a little bit more for what you were asking.

I really like that they put the tow/haul mode button on the NBS trucks. I use mine when going up hills to force the truck to shift out of overdrive and get the RPMs up and not have to give it more gas to keep the speed up.

It is interesting the difference between normal and tow haul mode; it removes the smooth/feathered shift between gears. I am told they use PWM to slip it between gears. I prefer the more positive shifts like the old transmissions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts