DirtyHoe2002's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
DirtyHoe2002

DirtyHoe2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you that are wondering what is on my to-do list for the Hoe. Here is a short list of some things that I am wanting to get done.
- get the rust inside the door ways fixed
- debadge and demold
- trying to find a HD hood and get it paint matched
- new wheels and tires (possibly if I get my current set up sold)

And then maybe a year or two down the road and if I have the cash, I would like to paint the Hoe a new color. I am thinking either gunmetal grey or black, but not sure yet, body shop I talked to estimated around $5k for that...too much or a good price? What're your thoughts on that?

Also any other suggestions on what I should do? Always looking for more things to do to the Hoe. It is a never ending cycle...it is like an addiction lol.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
For those of you that are wondering what is on my to-do list for the Hoe. Here is a short list of some things that I am wanting to get done.
- debadge and demold

And then maybe a year or two down the road and if I have the cash, I would like to paint the Hoe a new color. I am thinking either gunmetal grey or black, but not sure yet, body shop I talked to estimated around $5k for that...too much or a good price? What're your thoughts on that?

Also any other suggestions on what I should do? Always looking for more things to do to the Hoe. It is a never ending cycle...it is like an addiction lol.
I'd get 3 or 4 price estimates from different shops. Seems a little much, but they might be doing it the right way---taking mouldings, door handles etc off instead of just taping them up.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
- debadge and demold

That paint price depends on a lot of things but for a complete color change it's in the ballpark. My friend who owns a body shop told me the $6k that the PO of my Silverado paid was cheap for what they did. They pulled every single part on the truck including in the engine bay, door panels, mirrors, the entire front end, all the rubber and plastic, painted the engine compartment, under the hood, jambs, mirrors, bumpers, grill etc. You can't tell it was ever a different color unless you pull the interior out. It depends on what you expect. It can be a tremendous amount of work or not so much.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's a few examples of a great paint job. You can see that even when I pulled things off, there's no sign that it was grey. I even pulled the rear bumper pads and it's all been repainted underneath. (The bumper pads themselves were also painted but I replaced them with new black ones.) They must have pulled the radiator and core support too because there's no sign of a different color anywhere under the hood.

IMG_7521.JPG IMG_7704.JPG IMG_7798.JPG IMG_8219.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtyHoe2002

DirtyHoe2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a few examples of a great paint job. You can see that even when I pulled things off, there's no sign that it was grey. I even pulled the rear bumper pads and it's all been repainted underneath. (The bumper pads themselves were also painted but I replaced them with new black ones.) They must have pulled the radiator and core support too because there's no sign of a different color anywhere under the hood.

View attachment 198163 View attachment 198164 View attachment 198165
How much does a great paint job like that set a guy back lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How much does a great paint job like that set a guy back lol
The guy I bought the truck from said he paid 6k and I have no reason to doubt him.
Edit: sorry I didn't mean to clog up your build thread with pictures of my truck. I can delete them if you want.

OP
OP
DirtyHoe2002

DirtyHoe2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The guy I bought the truck from said he paid 6k and I have no reason to doubt him.
Edit: sorry I didn't mean to clog up your build thread with pictures of my truck. I can delete them if you want.
All good man, I ain't about that lowered life but still a cool truck. But with that being said...lifted for life :favorites37:

CamReynolds

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 198163 View attachment 198164 View attachment 198165 View attachment 198167
how do you drive that truck, its so low

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10