DirtyHoe2002's Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DirtyHoe2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should've started this right when I got this thing instead of a year later, but oh well better later then never.

Since it's been a whole year of modding without this thread. I'll just make a detailed list of the things (that I can remember) that I have done since then to catch everyone up.

So in April of 2017 I picked up the Hoe with just under 105k miles. I got it from a guy in Omaha, NE that bought trucks, lifted them, and then sold them. So the Hoe had a brand new Superlift 6" suspension lift installed along with brand new 20x9 Black Rhino Warlord Rims with 35x12.5R20 BF Goodrich KO2s.

I love to listen to music and the crappy old factory speakers weren't getting the job done so within a month of owning the Hoe, I had already upgraded the stereo system to all new door speakers and a new touchscreen head unit, all Kenwood. In order for the double din touchscreen to fit in the 99-02 body style, all it took was a 03-06 bezel and then it fit. The factory sub in the back was blown so I just clipped the wires cause I was tired of hearing it, sounded like a cat getting butt ***** by a horse, so that went when everything got installed. I also got WeatherTech floor mats for the front, middle, and third row/trunk combined around the same time as the stereo system upgrade.

Also within a month of owning the Hoe, I got a some custom heavy duty bumpers built for the front and back. I did this because I hit two deer in my previous truck and absolutely jacked up the front end both times. So I thought it'd be a good idea to get that done, plus I think it makes the Hoe look hella mean. The guy that built the bumpers was a friend of mine that had started up his own business (Wicked Bumpers LLC) a couple of years ago. He did an outstanding job and I will definitely be going back to him for any future rides. I had the choice to either get the bumpers paint matched or Rhino Lined (both were the same price), so I decided to go with Rhino Line. If you aren't careful, that stuff will cut up your hand good if you brush up against it good enough. These bumpers have already paid for themselves, have hit a few deer and a backed into a tree and a car, no damage done to them any of the times (only damage done was to my wallet for the damage done to the car lol ripped the door in half just like tin snips). Inside of the bumper are four 3" Auxbeam Flood Pods and a 20" Auxbeam Combo light bar. I think Auxbeam is a great brand, relatively decent price for a good quality light, both durable and bright!!

Sometime throughout the summer, maybe mid-July, I got aftermarket headlights, signal lights, and tail lights from CARid.com. I was originally gonna get halos for the headlights except I ended up just getting some chrome/smoke headlights and put in Lumen LED bulbs (super bright). For the signal lights, I got some chrome/smoke led turn/signal lights with a LED DRL. For the tail lights, I got black/chrome C-shaped LED and a black LED 3rd brake light. I also replaced the stock reverse bulbs with a LED bulbs to make things a little brighter. All the lights are Spyder. Looking back on it now, I should've returned the tail lights because the left side has one LED bulb burnt out when I got it. At first I didn't want to mess with it, but now it bugs the hell out of me because it's not perfect.

By the time all of this was done, it was the end of the summer and I was practically done modding for a while. Sometime before winter, I replaced all of the interior bulbs with LEDs and also added some color lights that can switch to all sorts of colors. (If you haven't noticed yet, I have a thing for lights, especially LEDs) The only other thing I did to the Hoe within that time was I installed some electric and heated tow mirrors, one of my favorite mods so far. I love these mirrors, not only because they make the Hoe look so much better, but when driving in the big city they make things so easy because they get rid of all my blind spots, which is really nice when I'm on I-80 in Omaha.

Earlier this year, I only really modded the interior. I got some blue LEDs for my dash from superbrightleds.com and put those in, which looks awesome at night. I also got a Edge CTS2 Evolution Programmer and got that put on, which is nice to see everything right there. It also calibrated everything to my bigger tires which was a plus, cause now my speedometer is correct instead of being 5mph off. The programmer also comes with four different tunes included: Extreme, Towing, Economy, and Trans Only. As of right now, I have only used the Economy tune - which improved my mpg to 17-19 instead of 12-14. I also decided to get rid of my third row seating and put in some subs. I got a sub enclosure with two 12" Rockford Fosgate P2s and an amp off a New Years special, so those are now in the back keeping the Hoe bumping. What can I say, I like lights and music.

I also had a local muffler shop install dual Flowermaster super 44 on the Hoe with 3" piping and 4" tips. I was tired of it sounding like my mother's minivan so I had to have it beefed up a little. I like it, its not too aggressive but it also isn't too quiet.

Recently, aside from small things like decal stickers and adding clevises, I haven't done much to the Hoe. I did order a 50" curved Auxbeam light bar last week that I will be putting across the top of the windshield once I get it sometime this week, so excited to get that up and done. I have also been trying to get a local body shop to do a rust delete in my door ways and get rid of my side moldings and badges, so that may be soon to come. And I have also been talking with a guy that may buy my wheel set up, which I am hoping follows through that way I can get a new set up that will give me more stance.

That's all I can think of for right now, I will try to keep this thread updated as often as possible. So stay tuned to see what comes next!

Last edited:
OP
OP
DirtyHoe2002

DirtyHoe2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes there is a matching rear bumper, I'll make sure to get a snapshot of the back on here soon for y'all to see.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What lift are you running?

OP
OP
DirtyHoe2002

DirtyHoe2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Light bar came in the mail yesterday along with the door mounts....now I just have to find time to get it installed. Excited to see what it looks like!

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great write up thus far. That front bumper is pretty mean and nice stance! Post up some more pics of the interior and exterior. Maybe should clip of that exhaust while you are at it. :thumbsup:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts