Beals build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BealT1

BealT1

Reaction score
Oh nice. rad is easy swap out and not too much $$$

Yea should be pretty easy, any recommendations? I'm trying to find an all aluminum radiator to get away from those plastic end tanks where it cracked. Or should I just get one of the cheap lifetime radiators?

Boostedlsx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Most radiators in common situations last upwards of 150k miles so if ur just doing small performance mods id go stock. My plans are extensive so i ordered an all aluminum replacement with e fans and a external trans cooler. Keep in mind some of the cheap noname aluminum ones u find are junk and some dont have trans hookup and require external tranny cooler. Btw clean hoe i love it hard to find like that

Boostedlsx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also if it were mine id flush heater core while u replace just to keep old builup and casting sands from goin in new radiator use a quality antifreeze to. Some are bad for causing deposits in tstat waterpump and cores

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
I'd stick with stock plastic , don't need aluminum unless youre running a racer lol. or if you plan on keeping it for life then go aluminum. but it's your cash money. I'd say get electric fans but you already have them. crazy it's already cracked at 90k tho.

Spencer_waynee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow you lucky dog that thing is immaculate!! Love it and glad your issue was just the radiator you can get the 34" through your local parts store for around $220 eBay/amazon also sells one for $100ish shipped

eohat

In Torque We Trust
Reaction score
Good news! Leak is coming from the radiator. Reading about the castech heads had me worried. Anyone know of any good aftermarket or better than stock radiators?
Glad to hear it was something simple.

Here’s a video of Bill the radiator guy explaining the differences between OSC radiators and other major brands after consuming one too many energy drinks. Bam! :D Seriously though, he shows a cutaway of the OCS Tahoe radiator versus some of the cheap ones.

OP
OP
BealT1

BealT1

Reaction score
UPDATE:
Got the new radiator in and flushed the coolant. Everything went very smooth and only took about an hour. Saved myself about 125 bucks doing it myself. The new radiator actually has a drain plug where as my old one didn't which made things very messy. The old radiator had about a 3 inch crack on the plastic tank which I forgot to take a picture of. Also found out the tahoe bleeds the air out itself which I thought was pretty cool.

Also got the front windows tinted to match the back and got a nice and thick windshield strip. Not sure on the percentage but I love it, the clear windows were really bugging me and keeps it a lot cooler on the inside. Charged me about 90 bucks for it
20170101_165350.jpg

OP
OP
BealT1

BealT1

Reaction score
So I fixed the radiator, went on leave for 2 weeks, came back and drove it once to walmart. When I come out there is a pool of coolant under the tahoe. So I topped it off came home and found a crack in the side again. Brand new radiator crapped out within like 50 miles. Went to oriellys and got a new one, seems to be doing fine now

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
We'll the bright side at least it happened at Walmart , just turn around and go back Inside and buy coolant to top it off.
But that's a pain in the ass , a new rad crap out in record time

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700