2014 Yukon XL airbag recall notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got it in the mail. Passenger side airbag recall notice. Vehicle is a 2014 Yukon XL with roughly 78,000 miles on it. Very good condition.

I have a couple of questions.

Do they have to pull the dash to do this repair? Just how intrusive is this job? I don't want to get it back with rattles.

If I do decide to get this work done, should I pull the AFM Range Disabler before dropping it off?

Is this something I really need to be concerned about?

I believe the recall is political as I could not find a single instance of a GMT900 airbag failure when I looked. Of course, I didn't want to chance it and have my bride or children hurt by a safety device should we get into an accident. I was apprehensive because my dash has yet to crack! Technician was a pro and didn't crack the dash, he received a nice tip for his efforts.

Just note, if the dash cracks doing the recall, GM and the dealership is not liable.

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the recall is political as I could not find a single instance of a GMT900 airbag failure when I looked. Of course, I didn't want to chance it and have my bride or children hurt by a safety device should we get into an accident. I was apprehensive because my dash has yet to crack! Technician was a pro and didn't crack the dash, he received a nice tip for his efforts.

Just note, if the dash cracks doing the recall, GM and the dealership is not liable.
My dash was cracked in 3 places before the Recall but waited until after the airbag was replace before replacing with a new dash board.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dash was cracked in 3 places before the Recall but waited until after the airbag was replace before replacing with a new dash board.
I replaced mine before. What they do isn’t going to crack a dash unless it’s brittle in which case it’s going to crack on its own.

Ivanhoe

Reaction score
Irony is driving your truck Into dealership for airbag recall but lights are on for the lifters issues that should have been recalled...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Irony is driving your truck Into dealership for airbag recall but lights are on for the lifters issues that should have been recalled...
Recalls are only for safety related issues unfortunately.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadi awais