2014 Yukon XL airbag recall notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CiscoKid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just got it in the mail. Passenger side airbag recall notice. Vehicle is a 2014 Yukon XL with roughly 78,000 miles on it. Very good condition.

I have a couple of questions.

Do they have to pull the dash to do this repair? Just how intrusive is this job? I don't want to get it back with rattles.

If I do decide to get this work done, should I pull the AFM Range Disabler before dropping it off?

Is this something I really need to be concerned about?

Attachments

• yukon2.jpg
    yukon2.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 2

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got it in the mail. Passenger side airbag recall notice. Vehicle is a 2014 Yukon XL with roughly 78,000 miles on it. Very good condition.

I have a couple of questions.

Do they have to pull the dash to do this repair? Just how intrusive is this job? I don't want to get it back with rattles.

If I do decide to get this work done, should I pull the AFM Range Disabler before dropping it off?

Is this something I really need to be concerned about?
They do not pull the dash, they take the trim piece off that goes across the front, drop the glove box down, pull out the right side vent outlet, unbolt and R&R the airbag, put it back together. a experienced tech can do it pretty quickly

OP
OP
C

CiscoKid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks. If they had to pull the dash, I'm not sure I would go ahead with it. Still not sure if I will or not, but that makes me feel better about the job.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. If they had to pull the dash, I'm not sure I would go ahead with it. Still not sure if I will or not, but that makes me feel better about the job.
I'm in the same position. I've got a stack of these notices on my desk. I will go ahead and get the work done soon, as my wife no longer wants to ride in the truck, until the work has been completed.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had the one done in my Silverado, it was fast. I’ve pulled that airbag a couple times myself. It’s just held in with (4) 10mm bolts and the cover just unsnaps from the dash as you push it up.

Reaction score

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am guessing the same process maybe a different part numbers. looked up a 13 tahoe

attached the most up to date on the recall looked up a 2011 Suburban

Attachments

• MC-10137534-9999 update.pdf
    529.8 KB · Views: 1

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love how they state that “some” of the dashes might exhibit cracks around the airbag opening due to “age and environmental exposure” instead of what we all know- nearly all of them will be cracked due to ****** design and plastic but I guess they’ll never admit that will they? And of course it’s not covered.

“Due to age and environmental exposure, some vehicles may display warping or cracking around the passenger airbag opening in the upper instrument panel area. Inspect this area with the customer at the time of the vehicle repair order write up. If warping or cracking is found, inform the customer that the condition is not covered by this recall, nor is it caused by the airbag service procedure. This warping or cracking condition will not affect the passenger side airbag deployment”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihtblzr