Airbag light and parking brake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hmclaughlin67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2005 Yukon XL with the 5.3 in it. I’ve had an airbag issue where the light will come and go, and it is always for code B0044. I recently fixed my parking brake, and as I’ve been using it I’ve begun to notice that a few times i put the parking brake on, my airbag light would go away if it happened to be on. Today, I went to put the parking brake on and it snapped and went straight to the floor out of nowhere, and the airbag light immediately snapped right on. The parking brake cable is easy enough to diagnose, but any ideas on an explanation for the airbag light? Trying to avoid a clockspring replacement if possible. My only theory is there’s some wires touching somewhere near the parking brake.

afpj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check ground point under driver's side near A pillar, chassis extension....couple of ground wires attach there and the parking brake cable routes nearby. Others will chime in that know much more. Lots of threads about ground issues

OP
OP
H

hmclaughlin67

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check ground point under driver's side near A pillar, chassis extension....couple of ground wires attach there and the parking brake cable routes nearby. Others will chime in that know much more. Lots of threads about ground issues
They don’t visually seem damaged or loose, i may take it apart and just clean them up since they’re covered in oils and whatnot. Any ideas on if there’s a ground wire connection in the cabin anywhere that could’ve been knocked loose?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts