OPEN RECALL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, just what I want, some 16 yr old going through my wiring. There is absolutely no competence left out there. Screwed each and every time I rely on someone else to lay a hand on my vehicles. Airbag would go off during the "repair" and Id get sued for injury and punitive damages by some blue hair safe space seeker.

UselessEater

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I believe this recall is being used for nefarious firmware/software updates that are too big for OTA/ONSTAR transfers. Likely updates to their "remote control" abilities that the govt made mandatory as a term of the GM bailout years ago..
I called a dealership and told them they could update/repair any physical hardware they wanted, but they could not hook up any electronics at all and that I would be there the entire time. They replied that GM has added software updates to this recall and they must be done or nothing can be done.

We know one thing for sure, and that is that no corporation or govt entity cares about our safety. they are hounding me regarding this recall as if they do care, leaning heavily toward nefarious purposes.
I work in IT and know that 75% of Microsoft operating system updates are related to their back door access and I am sure that this industry is the similar, particularly after the govt had their evil paws in it temporarily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia

Latest posts