2014 Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ctrbarry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all, newbie here. Sorry if this the has resolved before or if this is the incorrect location.

I have a 2014 Yukon SLT with 275/55R20 we've had since new, I am now looking to replace the existing stock wheels and tires.

I found GMC takeoffs P275/60R20, has anyone done this swap without having to make any mods? Or know if these would fit without have to make any modifications.

If this doesn't work, any size suggestions would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Paul

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Determine if your Chevy takeoffs rims offset is the same or close to your current rim offsets. If they are the same or close, you should have no issues.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should work fine.. the tires will be about .75" taller.. So'
your speedometer will be off a little bit at highway speeds

OP
OP
C

ctrbarry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you everyone, I appreciate you taking the time to reply.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Welcome from SoCal. Awesome 2014 since New. Lucky truck got a good home.

What you need is a wheel tire comparison tool listed below. I’m assuming since you stayed with the 20’s all this time you’ve got the z55 autoride suspension, No?

Just for comparison the biggest tire GM ever made to fit on this platform was the 285/45/22 on a 22x9 rim with 31mm offset.

OP
OP
C

ctrbarry

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome from SoCal. Awesome 2014 since New. Lucky truck got a good home.

What you need is a wheel tire comparison tool listed below. I’m assuming since you stayed with the 20’s all this time you’ve got the z55 autoride suspension, No?

Just for comparison the biggest tire GM ever made to fit on this platform was the 285/45/22 on a 22x9 rim with 31mm offset.
Yes, we have the z55 autoride. But timing is everything they say, "service suspension system" just showed up on the dash. I believe the compressor is gone. Mechanic recommends leaving the compressor offline and living with message on the dash and just installing new shocks. I know this is off topic but any thoughts on this new situation?

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Well worded question. That begs the next question if your compressor is shot, are your rear z55 leaking fluid or how is your ride on the truck right now?

Ultimately a visual usually tells you if there’s fluid leaking. The air portion or ride height is best diagnosed with fluorescent dye that sprays on and bubbles over air leaks.

The message is weird. My 08 Denali & 09 Esky never messaged about the comp’r and struts going out. But components were deff bad. Get the OEM z55 off RockAuto with lifetime guarantee and be done with them forever.

Either live with the message on the dash until you or your tech replaces the compressor or if you find a cheapie used one on eBay you can get a win that way. Part # 5801094 or 5801095 for rear struts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz