2008 Denali Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so I have had this thing for almost a year now but it's given me problems ever since I had it. Luckily I finally got a real job (student-athlete took up too much time) and can get around to fixing it. Debated on trading in but decided it would be better to just keep it. So list of what's wrong:

Door popping
Driver side mirror won't automatically fold in or out
Back window won't pop open (switch is good)
Rear passenger side door lock gets stuck from time to time
Got a couple chips and small dents here and there
Play in the steering wheel

List of upgrades to come:
Demold (already done)
Vinyl wrap emblems (already done)
275/60/20 tires
Brakes and rotters
2" spacers
Headlights
Interior led lights
Tail lights
Exhaust
Tie rods

That's what I have planned for right now. I've got some pictures that I took this morning after she got a bath. Always been my dream to have this model and to also have it lifted. So keep believing cause dreams do come true.

IMG_0728.JPG

IMG_0729.JPG

IMG_0730.JPG

IMG_0732.JPG

Last edited:

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've already got a great platform to work from. Keep up the good work.

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've already got a great platform to work from. Keep up the good work.

Thanks man. Gonna hopefully get a lot of it done in the next week or two or after I get back from a work trip

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Fixed the door popping
Ordered leveling kit
Ordered all new led interior lights
Getting new rotors, brakes, and intermediate driveshaft next week
Putting new tires on next week after I get it back from the shop

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put in the LED interior lights today and let me tell you, they make a huge difference. Didn't have to use flash at all for these pictures. I also got a 2" leveling kit going on tomorrow and an oil change. It will be in the shop all next week while I'm out of town on business getting some stuff fixed.

IMG_0753.JPG

IMG_0754.JPG

IMG_0755.JPG

02Burgundybeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to watching this truck come together. Nice mods done already. You should check out the for sale section. A guy was selling a pretty killer setup for $1000. If I still had my NNBS I would be all over it.

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to watching this truck come together. Nice mods done already. You should check out the for sale section. A guy was selling a pretty killer setup for $1000. If I still had my NNBS I would be all over it.

Thanks man. In the process of graduating and moving so waiting till I'm in a new position to get a setup. Thinking about the Denali 22's and an aggressive tire

02Burgundybeast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks man. In the process of graduating and moving so waiting till I'm in a new position to get a setup. Thinking about the Denali 22's and an aggressive tire
Same plan I was on. Mine took about 2 years to get it where it was. then sold it a year later. if you level it, go 33.12.50s or 285/55s

OP
OP
Juiceman74

Juiceman74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same plan I was on. Mine took about 2 years to get it where it was. then sold it a year later. if you level it, go 33.12.50s or 285/55s

Yea that's the goal. If plans go the way they are looking I'll be able to do something this summer but I gotta figure out this oil leak first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645