2002 Tahoe Front Bumper Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
middelgriff1

middelgriff1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice! This might be my favorite mod I've seen at this forum. I'm used to the 4x4 where we weld and fab our own parts.

How do you like that bender? A friend modded mine to prevent crimps and flat spots. I have yet to try it. I'm excited though.

Which gauge steel did you use?

Eh, it works... and for the money i'd say its worth it. Modding it definitely helps out, I only have the two pieces of tube on each side to prevent the dimpling. As for the steel its 1/8" so that it would crush before my frame does in the event of an accident. Strong as hell though!

Last edited:

01TX_Tahoe

Semper Fi
Reaction score
That looks nice!! I've been wanting a front bumper similar to that but can't seem to convince my wife on it.

Red Rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beautiful job. I must say, I am thoroughly impressed that you pulled that off with at HF tube bender. Kudos.

Question on bumper, does this affect the air bags at all in case of accident? or are the sensors farther back?

Do you know how much the bumper weighs? did you have to modify/adjust the suspension at all?

Beautiful job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20