2002 Tahoe LT 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

02TahoeTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey everyone! My name is Rob and I'm a newbie around here. I have a clean 02' Tahoe and I'm considering putting a front-end leveling kit (torsion key type), along with new shocks and upgrading the tire size from 265/70R16 to 265/75R16. It needs new tires and shocks anyway, and I don't particularly like how the vehicle has a pronounced nose down posture... makes me think of a blood hound hot on a trail. :p

I also would like the extra ground clearance. Anyway, has anyone here done something similar with the stock rims and have advice or pics to share? Will I expect to get rubbing on tight turns?

Also, can anyone tell me how to find out if the rear shocks were originally Autoride units? I have a hunch this Tahoe originally had that as an option and the PO "cheaped out" when it was time to change shocks... it wouldn't surprise me.

2002-Tahoe.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice find!

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.

OP
OP

02TahoeTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Nice find!

I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me in this area will chime in.
Hi Joseph! Thanks for the welcome! I definitely look forward to being active in the forum. I’ve learned and shared allot in forums for my other vehicles.

OP
OP

02TahoeTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I fat finger the phone all the time.

Welcome
Hahahaha! Yeah, and I’ve also had some rather embarrassing and unintentionally raunchy words go out on texts to clients. I’m convinced that the autocorrect programmers did that on purpose. :p

DirtDigler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you remove that cattle prod off your front end it might level out! Ha ha, just messing with you.

OP
OP

02TahoeTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you remove that cattle prod off your front end it might level out! Ha ha, just messing with you.
LOL. I had that same thought… but Ive grown fond of it. With my luck, the day I take it off is the day I hit a deer. :anitoof:

Sweet rig pic… that’s a nicely integrated winch. I enjoy wheeling in the great outdoors myself… my other truck is a 4x4 Ram, but these days I mostly go on my ATV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia