2002 Tahoe LT 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you bought em yet, but I would recommend instead going to a 265/70/17.
You can find take offs for cheaper than new tires, (really tight window right now for ya) The size is very common, and also does just what the 75 sidewall does for size. The biggest reason is because with 17s you can do the NNBS brake caliper upgrade next time you need new brakes up front. A much bigger and better pad.

Glad that blowout was just a tire.

OP
OP

02TahoeTX

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Not sure if you bought em yet, but I would recommend instead going to a 265/70/17.
You can find take offs for cheaper than new tires, (really tight window right now for ya) The size is very common, and also does just what the 75 sidewall does for size. The biggest reason is because with 17s you can do the NNBS brake caliper upgrade next time you need new brakes up front. A much bigger and better pad.

Glad that blowout was just a tire.
Hey adriver! Thanks for your input! Yeah, I already bought the tires for my rims today. I had actually been closely watching both Craigslist and Facebook Marketplace for the last few months for 17 or 18in takeoffs. Not because of the ability to upgrade brakes (I wasn’t even aware of that being an option). I was just looking because I prefer the look of the more recent Chevy 6-lug rims for the Tahoe and Silverado. Lately, here in Austin the takeoff market has been crazy expensive… and most are 20’s. Anyway, it’s done. When I wear these out I’ll try again. Maybe someone on here will be ready to upgrade rims. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz